Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 hours ago, midds said:

West Ham spunking circa £115,000,000 on Maguire, McTominay and JWP would be simultaneously utterly abysmal and absolutely hilarious. Textbook definition of selling their crown jewel and replacing it with 3 from the Argos catalogue 

We got Bruno, Botman and Tonali for not much more than that :lol: 

2 hours ago, midds said:

West Ham spunking circa £115,000,000 on Maguire, McTominay and JWP would be simultaneously utterly abysmal and absolutely hilarious. Textbook definition of selling their crown jewel and replacing it with 3 from the Argos catalogue 

Standard Moyes and standard form for most if not all aging British managers. West Ham should have binned him off and done a rebuild with someone new. They just won the Conference League and are in FFP paradise and they've wasted it with Moyes. :lol: They could have realistically created something that could have ended up with them in the top 10 and maybe getting into a European spot. Instead Moyes will be sacked before Halloween probably. 

11 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Why would I put stock in pre season? They literally scored more goals than us, Man U, Villa etc. without a proper goalscorer. The system produced results 

Whatever, just saying what I have noticed that is their problem.

Ward Prowse not just scoring from set pieces but whipping them in for the likes of Alvarez, Maguire, McTominay, Soucek and Zouma.

If Paqueta leaves and they get a physical striker to replace Scammacca leaving, as well as a left winger to provide what Bowen does on the right, West Ham are getting into Europe.

Moyes ball might not be the most inspiring, but when he has his players it is effective and tough to play against.

I do like JWP and McTominay (to a lesser degree) but agree they’re not exactly improving on Rice with those additions. Although, as another poster has said, you can’t replace a player of Rice’s quality if you’re a team like West Ham. Their only hope would be to unearth a Caceido-like gem but that’s much easier said than done - especially without the proper scouting network.

17 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

And literally just seems we have a different opinion about this matter. 

You seem like a nice chap to discuss with.

Not meaning to be rude but this is a matter of fact - not opinion. You surmised that Brighton don’t score enough goals for all their good play. Under DeZerbi - that’s just not true.  

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ward Prowse not just scoring from set pieces but whipping them in for the likes of Alvarez, Maguire, McTominay, Soucek and Zouma.

If Paqueta leaves and they get a physical striker to replace Scammacca leaving, as well as a left winger to provide what Bowen does on the right, West Ham are getting into Europe.

Moyes ball might not be the most inspiring, but when he has his players it is effective and tough to play against.

I rate Moyes. But I think the league is evolving past that. Not to say they won’t have a good season. I’m just not totally convinced. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I rate Moyes. But I think the league is evolving past that. Not to say they won’t have a good season. I’m just not totally convinced. 

There's always going to be different approaches/styles to the game and it will always depend on how well those approaches are drilled and how effective the players at the club can play that style. Brentford battered Man City last season playing a more direct physical style.

I really don't like Moyes getting these players for the way he likes to play. They are a very good fit.

8 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Oh yeah, it’s very boring for sure. Long term it doesn’t seem a good idea to have Moyes asking for these types of players. Maybe they’re just too worried about replacing him and rolling the dice on relegation again. 

Needed to identify and hire their Howe/De Zerbi, start negotiations for the players he wants, then sell Rice. 

West Ham are probably better off this way.  If they fired Moyes, they’d probably hire Jesse Marsch or some such. Sill better than Leeds. Hire Marsch, buy the players he wants, immediately fire him.

14 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Not meaning to be rude but this is a matter of fact - not opinion. You surmised that Brighton don’t score enough goals for all their good play. Under DeZerbi - that’s just not true.  

They suffered from it last season, despite scoring a lot. Their xG rating was third highest in the EPL. Couldn't score against ManU in FA Cup ultimately cost them the place in the final for example. 

We can discuss this during the season, seems pretty pointless to have this conversation now.

Not meaning to be rude.