Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I hope Liverpool do get Caicedo as it will hamstring them

Otherwise that fee could have bought Lavia plus a CB - which is probably in more need

Or even could have bought Thuram PLUS Lavia and really fix their midfield issues. 

110m is more than double what Caicedo is worth in my opinion - was he that much better than Bissouma who was hyped just as much this time last year and has since flopped at Spurs? 

Just now, madras said:

Really hope we have some chants ready for Klopp taking the piss out of his hypocrisy.

heard a really good one actually :lol:

WE'VE GOT BRUNO IN THE MIDDLE

HE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED

BOTMAN AT THE BACK

ISAK IN ATTACK

NEWCASTLES GONNA WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE

9 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Can't fault the lad for wanting a big move and agree he's too good for Brighton, but I don't think he's handling it great. Just seems to be openly flirting with anyone in the top 6 who's after him.

Seems more like an excitable kid that's just eager for a big move. 

Agree he needs to chill out a bit and just let Brighton negotiate the best fee they can, but I'm willing to bet the more public stuff has been agent driven, because they are always the ones most desperate for moves so they get their cut.

For me, Caicedo has done exceptionally well simply by performing to the standards he has and putting Brighton in a position to get so much for him, especially as he didn't insist on a clause when he signed a new contract recently.

This money just allows Brighton to continue to level up.

1 hour ago, Sima said:

He was talking about us being owned by PIF.  How the fuck can it be 5-6 years ago?

He commented 5 or 6 years back how he would never spend £100m on a player, when Madrid and Barca etc were. That's where those comments are from, not his recent diatribe of complete bollocks.

Edit : As some others have said, it was the Pogba sale for £100m.

Edited by Bimpy474

4 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Again he’s talking about the Pogba quotes guys :lol:

It’s a point he’s been making consistently, yet his club is spending like crazy to try and keep up with the “oil clubs”. The real ceiling is the FFP/FMV nonsense they’ve contrived to impose on us to try and limit our potential to compete. How any system where a new entrant can’t at least spend what existing competitors can to try and catch up can be deemed “fair” is laughable.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Blessing in disguise if you're Liverpool though. The common sense thing to do is spend half of that on Lavia. No idea why they're not doing that anyway. 

They ain’t selling Lavia for £50m now, everyone knows Liverpool got £110m to spend.

2 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

They ain’t selling Lavia for £50m now, everyone knows Liverpool got £110m to spend.

I don't think it works like that (unless the buying club is Chelsea or Man United :lol:)

Edited by Kid Icarus