Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Difficult one.

On one hand players are humans with feelings and personal circumstances. We shouldn't be forcing them to move if they don't want to.

On the other hand that would contraindicate me I.e. members of the forum demanding Miggy moves for the sake of the clubs future.  

1 hour ago, TBG said:

Difficult one.

On one hand players are humans with feelings and personal circumstances. We shouldn't be forcing them to move if they don't want to.

On the other hand that would contraindicate me I.e. members of the forum demanding Miggy moves for the sake of the clubs future.  

I wouldn't expect any player to move for any reason other than they want to and it's a good deal for them. It's the job of the club to find that sale if they want a player out. 

That said, in American sports it seems like you just get told you're getting traded and you're moving from Miami to Detroit :lol:

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

23 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I wouldn't expect any player to move for any reason other than they want to and it's a good deal for them. It's the job of the club to find that sale if they want a player out. 

That said, in American sports it seems like you just get told you're getting traded and you're moving from Miami to Detroit :lol:

I've never understood how that works in the US, with the draft. What if the lad from New Orleans doesn't fancy a move to Massachusetts? Tough titties, son.

Tends to depend how much player power they have. It's not unheard of for players to down tools and just be like nah son. Or the trade isn't made in the first place because of that. Some players also have clauses in their contracts saying they refuse to move to Cleveland. Or other teams. But mostly Cleveland.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

What @SEMTEX said and that some contracts for elite players include 'no movement clauses' or they have a list of teams they are willing to be traded to.