Other clubs' transfers

Greg

honestly surprised Liverpool have done nothing, they had the season of their lives got every bit out of the players and fell short of City its hard to see a repeat of that consistent level of performance and lack of injury trouble this season.

Here's my quick back-of-an-envelope calculations - just on transfer fees paid and received:

Arsenal - Spent: About 132M (plus supposedly 15M for Ceballos' loan fee and wages). Call it 140M. Recouped: 21M => 119M

AFC Bournemouth - Spent: 50M, recouped: 31M => 19M

Aston Villa - Spent: 137M, recouped: Gary Gardner => let's say 135M

Brighton - Spent: about 60M, recouped: Not much => let's say 58M

Burnley - Spent: 9M, recouped: 8M => 1M

Chelsea - Spent: 40M, recouped about 112M => -72M (not including the money for Morata next year)

Crystal Palace - 2.5M - 50M => -47.5M

Everton - 80.5M - 57M => 23.5M

Leicester - 76M - 80M => -4M

Liverpool - 1.5M plus whatever they're made to pay for Harvey Elliott - let's say 8M. 9.5M - 30M => -20.5M

Man City - 139M - 62M => 77M

Man U - 145M - 0 => 145M

Newcastle U - 56M - 32M => 24M

Norwich - 4M - 1M => 3M

Sheff U - 39M - 0 => 39M

Southampton - 49M - 19M => 30M

Spurs - 64M - 28M => 36M

Watford - 8M - 21M => -13M

West Ham - 64M - 41M => 23M

Wolves - 87M - 3M => 84M

In order, that's:

Man U 145M (last year 47M)

Aston Villa 135M (3M)

Arsenal 119M (65M)

Wolves 84M (80M)

Man City 77M (l22M)

Brighton 58M (68M)

Sheff U 39M (-5M)

Spurs 36M (-5M)

Southampton 30M (35M)

Newcastle U 24M (11M)

Everton 23.5M (64M)

West Ham 23M (77M)

Bournemouth 19M (62M)

Norwich 3M (-29M)

Burnley 1M (23M)

Leicester -4M (17M)

Watford -13M (-20M)

Liverpool -20.5M (127M)

Crystal Palace -47.5M (10M)

[Chelsea -72M (124M)]

Sounds like Man U are getting some money back tomorrow for Lukaku and we'll be spending a wodge.

Standouts - Aston Villa have spent an insane amount. Palace will have to do something, surely? Arsenal have spent a huge amount over the two years for a club outside the CL. Wolves and Brighton have spent a fortune. Leicester surely have money to burn for tomorrow. The Pozzos are making a mint from Watford. Norwich are super-frugal.

Is the Lo Celso deal not gone through yet? Talk that Dybala is back on too. Those two would put Spurs on top

honestly surprised Liverpool have done nothing, they had the season of their lives got every bit out of the players and fell short of City its hard to see a repeat of that consistent level of performance and lack of injury trouble this season.

Presumably it's something to do with how much they spent last season.

Is the Lo Celso deal not gone through yet? Talk that Dybala is back on too. Those two would put Spurs on top

:lol: Well we bloody well should be, after a CL final and getting literally nobody last year.

I'll believe the deals when I see them. Sessegnon and Lo Celso are looking possible, which would be 80M or so (I guess?). Can't see another deal happening unless we're really confident that Eriksen will go somewhere. Supposedly Bruno Fernandes is on standby too, if you believe at least some of what you read. Dybala is supposed to have some shady image rights stuff going on.

My dream right now would be Sessegnon, Lo Celso and Dybala in, and Eriksen out. Not confident about that at all though. Lo Celso is the big one and even if it was just him I would probably be happy enough.

:lol: Well we bloody well should be, after a CL final and getting literally nobody last year.

I'll believe the deals when I see them. Sessegnon and Lo Celso are looking possible, which would be 80M or so (I guess?). Can't see another deal happening unless we're really confident that Eriksen will go somewhere. Supposedly Bruno Fernandes is on standby too, if you believe at least some of what you read. Dybala is supposed to have some shady image rights stuff going on.

My dream right now would be Sessegnon, Lo Celso and Dybala in, and Eriksen out. Not confident about that at all though. Lo Celso is the big one and even if it was just him I would probably be happy enough.

Hope Spurs get them all just so you stop talking about other team's spending so often :lol:

Hope Spurs get them all just so you stop talking about other team's spending so often :lol:

:lol: Never!

Everton spend ridiculous amount of money to get fucking nowhere season after season. Surely there’s some FFP shit coming their way soon.

Record TV rights plus the 90 million they got for Lukaku and Barkley. 

They were also tight as fuck under Kenwright, so they will have had a decent amount stashed in the piggy bank.

Here's my quick back-of-an-envelope calculations - just on transfer fees paid and received:

Arsenal - Spent: About 132M (plus supposedly 15M for Ceballos' loan fee and wages). Call it 140M. Recouped: 21M => 119M

AFC Bournemouth - Spent: 50M, recouped: 31M => 19M

Aston Villa - Spent: 137M, recouped: Gary Gardner => let's say 135M

Brighton - Spent: about 60M, recouped: Not much => let's say 58M

Burnley - Spent: 9M, recouped: 8M => 1M

Chelsea - Spent: 40M, recouped about 112M => -72M (not including the money for Morata next year)

Crystal Palace - 2.5M - 50M => -47.5M

Everton - 80.5M - 57M => 23.5M

Leicester - 76M - 80M => -4M

Liverpool - 1.5M plus whatever they're made to pay for Harvey Elliott - let's say 8M. 9.5M - 30M => -20.5M

Man City - 139M - 62M => 77M

Man U - 145M - 0 => 145M

Newcastle U - 56M - 32M => 24M

Norwich - 4M - 1M => 3M

Sheff U - 39M - 0 => 39M

Southampton - 49M - 19M => 30M

Spurs - 64M - 28M => 36M

Watford - 8M - 21M => -13M

West Ham - 64M - 41M => 23M

Wolves - 87M - 3M => 84M

In order, that's:

Man U 145M (last year 47M)

Aston Villa 135M (3M)

Arsenal 119M (65M)

Wolves 84M (80M)

Man City 77M (l22M)

Brighton 58M (68M)

Sheff U 39M (-5M)

Spurs 36M (-5M)

Southampton 30M (35M)

Newcastle U 24M (11M)

Everton 23.5M (64M)

West Ham 23M (77M)

Bournemouth 19M (62M)

Norwich 3M (-29M)

Burnley 1M (23M)

Leicester -4M (17M)

Watford -13M (-20M)

Liverpool -20.5M (127M)

Crystal Palace -47.5M (10M)

[Chelsea -72M (124M)]

Sounds like Man U are getting some money back tomorrow for Lukaku and we'll be spending a wodge.

Standouts - Aston Villa have spent an insane amount. Palace will have to do something, surely? Arsenal have spent a huge amount over the two years for a club outside the CL. Wolves and Brighton have spent a fortune. Leicester surely have money to burn for tomorrow. The Pozzos are making a mint from Watford. Norwich are super-frugal.

Sound work putting that together leffe :thup:

So many different ways to run a football club, and we get the owner with the spending nous of a toddler in a lolly shop.

If the Lo Celso and Dybala deals are completed Spurs have had an amazing window tbh, i've been complaining about their lack of creativity and general midfield quality for years outside of Eriksen.

They finally seem to have significantly improved that area of the pitch which has been sorely lacking for a while so good for them.