Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Leicester makes £150m per year compared to Chelsea’s £430m.

Well it doesnt answer my question if Leicester doesnt go in minus. Something i cant see with the fees in vs out.

5 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Well it doesnt answer my question if Leicester doesnt go in minus. Something i cant see with the fees in vs out.

They were in minus (£-67m).

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-accounts-premier-league-5755728.amp

(chelsea made a profit in the article I’ve posted. Plus Leicester had the second worse wages to income % in the league with 105%)

Edited by Manxst

Guest neesy111
11 minutes ago, Manxst said:

On bail until Sept but allegedly supposed to be a conclusion before then.

Hopefully in prison by then.

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

How is this PFM behaviour? 

It's hardly unusual for any manager to want new signings

Telling his current players they’re not good enough?

There are plenty of ways to make comments in the media relating to wanting signings without the PFM-style comments he made.

9 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Telling his current players they’re not good enough?

There are plenty of ways to make comments in the media relating to wanting signings without the PFM-style comments he made.

He's just said he needs more signings.  Nearly every manager says this

Manchester City have hit a stumbling block in their efforts to sign Brighton defender Marc Cucurella.

City are looking elsewhere after being put off by a supposed £50m price tag.

However, Brighton actually want more than that.

BBC Sport has been told the club regard Cucurella as a better - and rarer - talent than former defender Ben White, who they sold to Arsenal for £50m 12 months ago.

They don't need the money and Cucurella, who has put in a transfer request, has a contract that runs to 2026.

Brighton would only contemplate a sale if they received an offer they regard as truly exceptional.

Leicester do very well generally in terms of recruitment but to fund it (and cover some of the 'misses' in the market) they usually make one big sale every summer. Last year was the exception.

One of the problems of being successful in the transfer market (and using a sell-to-buy model) is that unless you sell the top players at the right time they will soon want top player wages out of the clubs structure. And the longer you don't give them it their value will fall each year with said player getting closer and closer to cashing in that value for themselves in a cut price move or eventually free transfer. Seeing that now specifically with Tielemans.

Leicester also seem to struggle to shift some of their 'deadwood'. Looking at their facilities it's probably an amazing place to train as a footballer so I wonder if that's some of the reason.

5 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Leicester also seem to struggle to shift some of their 'deadwood'. Looking at their facilities it's probably an amazing place to train as a footballer so I wonder if that's some of the reason.

I don't know like. Our "deadwood" were, 2 days a week, being timed on laps around the field by Bruce shouting "faaawty faawr, faaawty fivvve" at them then cooling down in wheely bins. 

Still couldn't shift them

Edited by Groundhog63

Said this before but does anyone know if the ayoze deal was installment based? You wonder if that factors into our deal to acquire Maddison. If we are still owed X it’s essentially included in the deal for Maddison. 

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Said this before but does anyone know if the ayoze deal was installment based? You wonder if that factors into our deal to acquire Maddison. If we are still owed X it’s essentially included in the deal for Maddison. 

They activated his release clause didn't they? (although no idea if that means they have to pay it in full, so my answer doesn't help :lol:

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

They activated his release clause didn't they? (although no idea if that means they have to pay it in full, so my answer doesn't help :lol:

I don't think it was ever made public how it was structured, but it would be a surprise if it was £30M upfront.

He's only on a four-year contract, expiring in June 2023, so we might have just received the final instalment in July if the deal was structured that way. (He transferred in July 2019.)