Other clubs' transfers

Greg

42 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Is it true if Barca can’t ship de Jong they’ll not be able to register their new signings?

They're going full Freddy Shepherd to get the money. They'll get it but they're selling their future to do it.

Most of their TV rights for the next few years sold. Half of Barca Studios sold. Pretty sure there's a few other things gone too. 

If this gamble doesn't pay off they'll be fucked. Actually even if it does they still might be.

2 minutes ago, Papavasiliou said:

They're going full Freddy Shepherd to get the money. They'll get it but they're selling their future to do it.

Most of their TV rights for the next few years sold. Half of Barca Studios sold. Pretty sure there's a few other things gone too. 

If this gamble doesn't pay off they'll be fucked. Actually even if it does they still might be.

Aren’t they so deep in bed with uefa that they’ll never be allowed to get too far in the shit.

2 hours ago, Papavasiliou said:

The problem isn’t how they get the money, the problem is the salary cap imposed by the Spanish league.

2 hours ago, Papavasiliou said:

Whether they're actually successful or not in the coming couple seasons, they're gambling their long term future on the Super League becoming a thing at some point. If it doesn't their only hope of surviving is being bailed out by La Liga or UEFA. 

6 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

The problem isn’t how they get the money, the problem is the salary cap imposed by the Spanish league.

Ah, true. I thought It was they had to prove they had the money to pay them before registering them or the cap was based on their income.

12 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Brighton need to fuck off like if they think they are getting £50m for Cucurella. I like him a lot as a player, but no one's paying that.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Brighton need to fuck off like if they think they are getting £50m for Cucurella. I like him a lot as a player, but no one's paying that.

They asked for the same for Ben White - I like their stance tbh - no need to sell - so if you want him you pay a premium 

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

They asked for the same for Ben White - I like their stance tbh - no need to sell - so if you want him you pay a premium 

Yeah, if they don't want to sell him then asking stupid prices is fair enough. He'll get to move later on in his career when his contract runs down.

28 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Whether they're actually successful or not in the coming couple seasons, they're gambling their long term future on the Super League becoming a thing at some point. If it doesn't their only hope of surviving is being bailed out by La Liga or UEFA. 

Aye. If they're reliant on La Liga rights in 2030 - they will implode.

Edited by The College Dropout

It's all relative though isn't it? If Brighton see him as an integral part of their team and he has a reasonable amount of time to run on his contract, they can ask for what they want. I like to think we'd ask for daft money if Real Madrid come in for Bruno next summer and his head is turned (I don't think it will be).

Edited by The Prophet