Other clubs' transfers

Greg

The squad planning at Chelsea is bizarre. I thought they might slow down after January, or at least prioritize departures before signing more players. 

Assuming this goes through that's seven senior central defenders in their first team squad (Trevor Chalobah, Benoit Badiashile, Thiago Silva, Levi Colwill, Welsey Fofana, Malang Sarr and now Axel Disasi).  

Sarr will likely go on loan to Strasbourg. From there it's going to be very hard to share those minutes out, particularly if a certain pair develop momentum. I'm sure Brighton are pleased as they sniff a chance to pick up Colwill. I'd love us to bid for him but it sounds like we're going to try for Lewis Hall instead. 

Either way, it's kind of funny that we were pitched as being a problem for the transfer market when Chelsea are the ones spending vast sums.  

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Chelsea back into "sign all the players" mode.

Thought we might be able to start buying some players but Chelsea might have a 3rd spending spree bout in them yet.

20 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I thought Kane to Man United would be a certainty, such an obvious fit.

The Glazer friendly journalists are pushing the FFP line but I’m a dubious on that given how much money they waste every summer.

RE: Raya it doesn’t make sense on any level to me. He’s either throwing his career away being back up or Arsenal are paying £40m for a first choice keeper who’s equally as dodgy as the one they have but has even less presence.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Arsenal giving up on Ramsdale? Linked with Raya. 

I may be alone, but I find Ramsdale a bit suspect. 

He lets in the odd soft one, and I don't think he inspires confidence. 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Fuck, that’s an absolute disaster for them. They’re an extremely low quality side with very little creativity

I know they were/are in a bad way financially so I wonder if they’re just going to take the PL money and go again for promotion with the parachute payments next year when they’re in better knick. 

21 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

I just don't understand this notion of winning the Bundesliga, who cares really?

Is he really going to look back on his career and think people said I wouldn't win trophies but look I won the Bundesliga.

The only part I get is the CL part, maybe he thinks that's quite a plausible target.

Bayern squad plus Kane, Walker, central defender from Napoli. Tuchel being manager. They are strong favorites to win the CL at least once in the next three years.