Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Chuba Akpom has had a roller coaster of a career 28 goals in the Champo last season. Emi Martinez from Arsenal 2nd keeper to World Cup, Copa America, FA Cup winner in two years. Looks on track to be Villa's all time clean sheet holder. Gnabry's success is something I never imagined. 

Edited by Astroblack

3 hours ago, Stottie said:

7 goals for Maguire in 57 games for England, 6 in competitive matches.

Kieran Trippier took about half a season to score more goals for us than he ever did with Spurs. Sometimes you have to blame the environment. [emoji38]

Weren’t they all free-kicks? Not so much an environment as his specific job.

Edited by leffe186

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

I agree with this. Moyes absolutely loves a set piece.

It makes sense to build big awkward teams if you can't compete on a skill level. Just not that great to watch. Big Sam was a master at it.

1 hour ago, Astroblack said:

Best career rebuilds? 

Sigurdsson is an example of a player who didn't make the impact expected of him when he went up a level. Looked a surplus at Spurs but then went back to Swansea and became a good player again. Can't really think of other players who did the same. Maybe Lukaku at Man U? Was underwhelming in that system but thrived in Inter's. Memphis Depay. Thauvin maybe? Forlan was an unexpected career turnaround. 

Joelinton 😬 

Albeit change of a manager rather than a club.

10 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Shame

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's not true. 

Surprised so many people quoting Matt Hughes. You'd think he has a broken spine the way he's getting on. 

Likely to make his debut against Forest. 

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's not true. 

Surprised so many people quoting Matt Hughes. You'd think he has a broken spine the way he's getting on. 

Likely to make his debut against Forest. 

Shame

20 minutes ago, CPL said:

Joelinton 😬 

Albeit change of a manager rather than a club.

From a positional sense, I can see that. Victor Moses suddenly became a pretty good right back for Chelsea pretty late into his career. Fantastic stuff from Eddie to identify Joe's quality as soon as he became boss. 

1 hour ago, Astroblack said:

Best career rebuilds? 

Sigurdsson is an example of a player who didn't make the impact expected of him when he went up a level. Looked a surplus at Spurs but then went back to Swansea and became a good player again. Can't really think of other players who did the same. Maybe Lukaku at Man U? Was underwhelming in that system but thrived in Inter's. Memphis Depay. Thauvin maybe? Forlan was an unexpected career turnaround. 

Joselu

5 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

You have now changed your point. 

you originally said:

You originally said ‘they don’t get to very dangerous positions’ but now you’re positing evidence that disproves your original point and supports mine. 

Ok, let me remind you that I am writing with my 3rd language here, so something might be lost in translation.

My point is: For all the nice football and building from the back that Brighton do with a limited squad, they do not score or threaten enough. That may well be because of players like Undav and Wellbeck, but the point still stands. For example they bossed the first half against us in US-preseason and completely bossed us at Amex last season. Even at SJP they played nicely past our press till the last third. 

And may I please ask you to try and behave, this is a forum about football and we have different opinions about it. It is not like yours is the one and only truth. We just see the game differently.