Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Was Coutinho really that bad at Barca? His stats were comparable to his time with Liverpool. 

Played out of position for large parts - was supposed to be on the left of a 3 man midfield to replace Iniesta - likewise Dembele would be on the left of a front 3 to replace Neymar

What transpired was Valverde playing a 4-4-2 to go completely against Barca's adopted 4-3-3 policy, mainly to bring Messi inside  - what he did with this was revolve everything around Messi, everyone else becoming redundant in the team - Coutinho got shoved to play as essentially a LW, Dembele as a RW, Barca have lost their attacking flow due to this, all their play these days is so pedestrian and laboured - the players they have are good, but the system is just killing them

Then at the weekend, he goes and plays Griezemann as a LW - he looked completely lost poor guy

Valverde is on the Patsy levels of incompetence - literally makes things up as he goes along

A lot of the stick Valverde gets is warranted but you can understand his logic of not wanting a physically declining Messi on the wing, destroys the shape without the dominant midfield + Alves to compensate, especially at the elite level.

Was he ever ‘on the wing’.

Spent the best part of his career as a false 9 or on the right as an inside forward.

Real’s CL golden era revolved around building a functional team and just letting Ronaldo be ‘the difference’. The same would work for Barca imo.  Messi doesn’t need to conduct everything. 

Just to say, ManDoon vs. Froggy was amazing.

Can't wait for round 2

McTominay played canny the other night  :aww: Joking, I'm out.

He's not the greatest player the world has ever seen. He's not going to be perfect every game. A paid scout shouldn't be forming an argument around one game. ;)

Can't wait for round 2

He's not the greatest player the world has ever seen. He's not going to be perfect every game. A paid scout shouldn't be forming an argument around one game. ;)

my man utd supporting mate said he's the new darren fletcher, looks about right to me

Can't wait for round 2

my man utd supporting mate said he's the new darren fletcher, looks about right to me

Well he is Scottish like. Other than that, very different players. McTominay a lot more mobile. More of an eye for a forward pass. Bigger, stronger. Similarities in attitude and tenacity though.

Can't wait for round 2

Is that like getting a regen of a regen in Football Manager?

Can't wait for round 2

I agree, I'm waiting until he's signed for Everton to fully make an assessment  O0

Good, big club. Never been relegated from the Premier League. O0

The Neymar thing is embarrassing for all concerned imo, particularly him

Great guy whose definitely a not massive whopper IMO.

Can't wait for round 2

I agree, I'm waiting until he's signed for Everton to fully make an assessment  O0

Good, big club. Never been relegated from the Premier League. O0

:anguish:

don't really get what barca are thinking, has that been explained?  is it just marketing?

probably and apparently messi wants him back too. God only knows how they can afford it since they bought Griezmann for over €100m as well

don't really get what barca are thinking, has that been explained?  is it just marketing?

probably and apparently messi wants him back too. God only knows how they can afford it since they bought Griezmann for over €100m as well

they can't can they, think that's why it hasn't happened yet

you'd think if they throw dembele in or something PSG might go for it with cash

griezzman  messi  neymar front three, IDK how that works