Other clubs' transfers

Greg

9 hours ago, triggs said:

Have never understood the difference in attitude people have between Man City and PSG personally

They're both grotesque, but I do think there are some differences in competitiveness and the level of quality and spending power of the clubs around them. The only thing that really matters to me though is that being English, I obviously care more about the Premier League and watching Messi playing over here would have been incredible. He'd have single handedly got me watching 2 more Newcastle matches than I would have.

Edited by kisearch

Also, if anything has been clear these past few years, is that Messi loved playing with Neymar and sees losing him as the one single misstep where everything started to unravel (and he's not completely wrong). If given a choice, he'll always go to PSG.

The year we won the CL with them and Suárez upfront is some of the best football we've played since the peak Guardiola days.

Edited by Village Idiot

Why does when they were founded really matter in this context?  Of course if the Qataris had created a club to use a vehicle it's a different matter but the club is 50+ years old and was founded to try and get a major team in one of the greatest cities in the world, why does everything in football have to be tied to the 1800's or whatever.

Guest HTT II

I’m glad I can say I’ve watched him play live, although he didn’t score he was still obviously head and shoulders the best player on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

You're allowed to be good... but you can't claim any kind of clout when you're good because rich arabs bought you.

Absolutely, which is why City and PSG are the same.

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Sad to hear you're into racism.

:lol: what's this even referring to? Can't find anything after a quick google.

It's ok Disco, we all know the real reason for your different opinions on both.

English = Good

Forrin (especially French) = Evil

11 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Armstrong to Southampton. 

Fascinated to see how he gets on there. As they play two upfront I presume he's coming in to partner Che Adams upfront? Going to be interesting.

Man City have Man United, Chelsea, and Liverpool bringing in the same level of players and playing at the same level year after year. Both clubs are cut from the same cloth, but they're not competing in anywhere near the same context. 

Guest neesy111

If your going to hate these sugar daddy clubs, then chelsea tops the pile.

Least City's owners have done loads of the local area.

6 minutes ago, triggs said:

:lol: what's this even referring to? Can't find anything after a quick google.

It's ok Disco, we all know the real reason for your different opinions on both.

English = Good

Forrin (especially French) = Evil

Off the deep end. Read up on PSG's fans, they're a rum old bunch. 

They're both awful clubs at current but City had traditional history that dates back over a century, that IMO means a bit more than founding a club because you're a group of rich blokes who spot a gap in the market.

21 minutes ago, triggs said:

PSG are competing with all those clubs in the CL

Kind of the point, the other CL teams in Ligue 1 aren't competing at the same standard as those clubs. All have won the CL or got to the CL final very recently.

Edited by kisearch

Guest neesy111
Just now, toon25 said:

How much of the reported £20 million Blackburn are getting for Armstrong will NUFC get?

40% I believe so around £8m.