Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Bang on, plus in his specific case I don't think you can discount his eye on the next WC.  He'll want to protect himself and hold something back which he'll be able to do in France.

Definitely, I said that the other day. There's been at least 2 World Cups he's turned up at looking completely goosed (and he's now 34).

6 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I'll be surprised if Armstrong is a hit in the PL

Hope he’s learned his trade and how to look after himself on the field. He was  completely out muscled here. His size was a huge issue.

Thing is with Armstrong he'll take a while to get used to the league and get up to speed, probably not see much from him this season. Most on here will have written him off by 3 or 4 games but I do think he'll come good and be a premier league player in the coming years, just like what happened with Blackburn and the Championship; he just needs to find his confidence after constantly being told he's not good enough to make it at X level for Y club. 

I will never understand why people think Leo Messi is 'better' than anyone else who plays the game. He was brought through at a team that has been one of the best in the world, he did not stay there because of his undying loyalty, he stayed there to win and get paid a fuck ton.

Now he's going to get paid a fuck ton somewhere else.

A huge number of people loved Barcelona or wanted them to do well because of Messi, myself included but with the super league shite, and this debacle they’re going to get a hiding with any negative press going forwards. The amount of kids in Barca shirts is ridiculous but that era’s surely over

Can anybody honestly say with their hand on their heart that they'd have been as much as a nanosmidgen more excited about the move if he'd gone to Bayern Munich?

Short of him signing for Atalanta, every single club he could ever realistically have signed for is much of a muchness to me.

I think it would've been a bit more fun if he'd gone to a not-quite-top-of-the-pile club in Europe. An Arsenal/Tottenham/Dortmund etc. But honestly, I don't think that would've been a good move for him if he's trying to keep his legs.

18 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Can anybody honestly say with their hand on their heart that they'd have been as much as a nanosmidgen more excited about the move if he'd gone to Bayern Munich?

Short of him signing for Atalanta, every single club he could ever realistically have signed for is much of a muchness to me.

Absolutely. But then I loathe PSG more than any other club in the world by some distance. Would have liked to have seen him in the PL like, even though that would have meant it being Man City. 

20 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I wouldn't have been excited at him going to one of those clubs you allude to there, but I'd be a good deal happier just because I hate PSG the most.

Why do you loathe PSG? :lol: They're such a non entity to me that I just can't muster up any strong feelings. I got the feeling from my LENGTHY time in Paris that nee-one there gives much of a fuck about them either.

1 minute ago, SEMTEX said:

Why do you loathe PSG? :lol: They're such a non entity to me that I just can't muster up any strong feelings. I got the feeling from my LENGTHY time in Paris that nee-one there gives much of a fuck about them either.

General shithouse players, Mbappe incredibly overrated and Neymar a massive cunt.