Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 hours ago, SEMTEX said:

Why do you loathe PSG? :lol: They're such a non entity to me that I just can't muster up any strong feelings. I got the feeling from my LENGTHY time in Paris that nee-one there gives much of a fuck about them either.

I think when most people say they hate PSG they really hate Neymar :lol:

Messi to PSG is hilarious, football is so crap :lol: teams like them, Chelsea, Man City etc have absolutely ruined football for me. Why even bother with it.

Makes Ronaldo horsing the life out of Messi the last few years even tastier.

11 minutes ago, GWN said:

Some teams are looking untouchable, the gaps are getting wider .

Yep. The wealth gap is getting fucking absurd.

In many ways I wish they'd all fuck off to their own league. They're essentially just spending their way to making that happen in domestic competitions anyway.

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

A huge number of people loved Barcelona or wanted them to do well because of Messi, myself included but with the super league shite, and this debacle they’re going to get a hiding with any negative press going forwards. The amount of kids in Barca shirts is ridiculous but that era’s surely over

Not quite. You’ll see a decline for sure, but they’ll still sell better than most.

As others have mentioned how do PSG satisfy FFP other than by corruption?

Hope Messi can’t bother his arse to play anything other than exhibition style football. He’ll need 16 match shirts every game. It’s so so wrong.

Well yeah, he's a twat. The PL are twats themselves too. Letting Qatar dictate them and pushing Saudi investment away from the league and letting PSG grab hold of the best players in the world. Not saying the Saudis would have spent lavishly on new players for us but the potential was there. 

So depressingly unimaginative and boring. 

Here is a player who could have literally chosen to go to any club in the world, play for free salary wise and still be in the top 5 for earning based on image rights and marketing deals alone.

I don't blame him for chasing the money, 99% of us would too but surely there's a point where you earn more than it's physically possible to spend?

Didn’t they sign Neymar and Mbappe on loan the summer after they last didn’t win the league? :lol: Seem to remember them going backshit that summer and looks like they’re at it again.

Edited by Decky

Fucking hell I forgot they also have Icardi. He’ll surely be on his way back to Italy or something. How many games is he realistically gonna play.

Edited by Decky

It's not about the money, it's about the Champions League, it's all players at that level are interested in winning. Domestic titles are so last century.

That's not an endorsement of that position, I think it's a grim outlook for the game.

Just now, Wullie said:

It's not about the money, it's about the Champions League, it's all players at that level are interested in winning. Domestic titles are so last century.

That's not an endorsement of that position, I think it's a grim outlook for the game.

Exactly. So many clubs who regularly win titles were prepared to throw their domestic leagues into the shit just a few months ago.