Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

This financial crisis/ownership situation is such a disaster for Inter and Serie A in general. Really felt like they were building something promising. 

Juve’s too lose again do you reckon or do you Atalanta or Milan might still be able to push them?

Serious financial problems. Suning are the majority owners and for whatever reason won't invest in the team https://www.forbes.com/sites/giacomogalardini/2021/05/20/us-investment-firm-oaktree-capital-signs-336-million-financing-deal-with-serie-a-champions-fc-inter/?sh=74c5360431c3 

"Suning has been seeking fresh investment to shore up their finances, especially after last January, when changes in economic planning made by the Chinese government further complicated the owner’s liquidity. 

The club has been in financial dire straits due to the COVID-19 pandemic, as matches are played behind closed doors and several companies cut sponsorship budgets."

Also Suning owned Chinese champions Jiangsu but the club disbanded earlier this year because of the financial trouble 

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Juve’s too lose again do you reckon or do you Atalanta or Milan might still be able to push them?

Atalanta probably stood still really as Musso is an upgrade in goal but Demiral not in the same class as Romero. Still to be seen what happens with Ilicic and Zapata probably going and who comes in to replace them. 

Milan will be doing well to replicate last season I think. 

Biggest wildcard this season is probably Napoli under Spalletti as they haven't really got any weaker (yet) and first XI on paper is still strong. 

At the moment without guarantee of fans back in the stadium then it's more likely that players continue to leave than new signings coming in. That either makes it an open field or clears a path for Juve. 

Edited by ponsaelius

37 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Atalanta probably stood still really as Musso is an upgrade in goal but Demiral not in the same class as Romero. Still to be seen what happens with Ilicic and Zapata probably going and who comes in to replace them. 

Milan will be doing well to replicate last season I think. 

Biggest wildcard this season is probably Napoli under Spalletti as they haven't really got any weaker (yet) and first XI on paper is still strong. 

At the moment without guarantee of fans back in the stadium then it's more likely that players continue to leave than new signings coming in. That either makes it an open field or clears a path for Juve. 

What's the state of play with fans in stadiums? Someone better bloody buy the rights before next week, preferably someone I already pay for.

Beginning of the end when Oaktree and Elliott are providing that rescue capital to eventually take control. They’ll restructure the club and eventually offload it for a massive premium and ROI.

21 minutes ago, Wullie said:

What's the state of play with fans in stadiums? Someone better bloody buy the rights before next week, preferably someone I already pay for.

Good chance of 50% capacity before the season starts, but not confirmed yet IIRC. 

Inter are fucked because their owners are fucked. Their owners own Suning who are fucked because Suning's cash is all tied up with Evergrande. Evergrande are fucked because it owes $300bn and has been running a semi-ponzi scheme, like other big real estate developers in China. There's no exit for Inter except a sale.

Not really adding much, but in the conversations I've had over the years about Messi hypothetically leaving Barca, it was always agreed that him going to PSG was the most pointless worst case scenario. No idea why Man City aren't moving heaven and earth to try and get him. Wouldn't even care how extremely top-sided it would make the league, seeing him play in the Premier League would be a dream come true.

23 minutes ago, triggs said:

Have never understood the difference in attitude people have between Man City and PSG personally

The league is better I guess. But I don't really see the difference in most of these super clubs. They're arl twats.

I would've preferred to see him in the PL because I'm not gonna watch the French league. But if I was French I'd probably disagree.

6 hours ago, triggs said:

Have never understood the difference in attitude people have between Man City and PSG personally

:thup: 100%.

City would have obviously been in for him as well but focused their business elsewhere believing he would be resigning with Barca. They can't afford to drop £100m on Grealish with £370k a week wages and then get Messi as well without some serious sales.

You know what I hate the fucking most? That the pandemic robbed me of watching Messi's last games for us. :(

Since last summer I've been telling my brother than the first game with people back in, we should go, because this could be Messi's last year. But no.

Edited by Village Idiot