Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, Manxst said:

Alvarez is 2.47 and Nunez 2.28 and Vlahovic 2.57? 

Morata - 3.04 across both his spells at Real and Juve, Chelsea, Atletico

Morata's 29 now, players mentioned are at the start of their careers, playing for 'lesser' sides - the premium placed on them is the expectation that they are going to get better, especially when paired with better players. 

Morata is clearly a top player, but not one of Europe's elites. Situation now though is that no other clubs other than the elite can afford to sign/pay him - but personally I'd be thinking Barcelona could still be aiming higher than Morata. 

2 minutes ago, Clockwork Cheese said:

Morata - 3.04 across both his spells at Real and Juve, Chelsea, Atletico

Morata's 29 now, players mentioned are at the start of their careers, playing for 'lesser' sides - the premium placed on them is the expectation that they are going to get better, especially when paired with better players. 

Morata is clearly a top player, but not one of Europe's elites. Situation now though is that no other clubs other than the elite can afford to sign/pay him - but personally I'd be thinking Barcelona could still be aiming higher than Morata. 

Morata has 176 in 474 = 2.69. Yes, those you mentioned might get better but they might not. I’m not saying Morata is a world beater, but he’s consistently scored goals at the highest level throughout his career. 

edit- 474 not 464.

Edited by Manxst

35 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He’s got 27 goals in 70 appearance for a Juve over the last two years, and 22 in 61 for Athletico prior to that, and 24 in 72 for Chelsea before that. He’s consistently scored goals.

He’s just not top level, but he scores goals. 

8 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Morata has 176 in 474 = 2.69. Yes, those you mentioned might get better but they might not. I’m not saying Morata is a world beater, but he’s consistently scored goals at the highest level throughout his career. 

edit- 474 not 464.

Totally missed his total season appearances and for some reason worked out 3.04 from league games - didn't include him playing for Castilla though, 45 in 83 there in the Segunda Division does fluff it somewhat.

3 minutes ago, Clockwork Cheese said:

Totally missed his total season appearances and for some reason worked out 3.04 from league games - didn't include him playing for Castilla though, 45 in 83 there in the Segunda Division does fluff it somewhat.

It’s all good. For ‘fluffing’, it’s probably the same as Nunez playing for Benfica against the rest of the Portuguese league, and Alvarez playing for the Argentinian champions…. 🤔😜

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Messi, Ronaldo and now Lewandowski have completely ruined people's expectations in regards to goal return IMO. 

Wouldn't entirely agree - vast majority of people appreciate the numbers Ronaldo and Messi were hitting in La Liga were unheralded, and likely never to be seen again.  

I think it's a fair expectation that the top clubs are paying the top money to be getting strikers that are scoring around 2 in 3 at least. 

Wouldn't entirely agree - vast majority of people appreciate the numbers Ronaldo and Messi were hitting in La Liga were unheralded, and likely never to be seen again.  

I think it's a fair expectation that the top clubs are paying the top money to be getting strikers that are scoring around 2 in 3 at least

I could go and look myself, but how many current strikers are scoring at a rate of 2 in 3?

I think it's a fair expectation that the top clubs are paying the top money to be getting strikers that are scoring around 2 in 3 at least. 

I haven’t checked, but who do you reckon gets that kind of ratio? 

20 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I haven’t checked, but who do you reckon gets that kind of ratio? 

No idea exact numbers, just plucked that figure off top of my head tbh. Grew up always thinking a 1 in 2 to be a top level scoring record, so went for something a bit better than that! 

My point would be if a club competing to win a domestic title each year and Champions Leagues, and spending big money on a striker I think it's fair enough to expect an elite level of scoring. At present £100M odd on Lukaku going back to Chelsea is proving to be a bit of a take - especially when Haaland would be on the market for those sorts of prices, and even money expended on Werner coming from RB with a record of actually scoring a goal or two.

Theres a few players in recent years that have fairly incredible scoring rates I'd say. Without looking at numbers and outside of Messi and Ronaldo at Real I can think of....

Obviously Lewandowski and Haaland in Germany - Suarez/Barcelona even last season at Atletico... Ronaldo/Juve, Ibra/PSG, Salah/Liverpool, Aguero/Man City, Lukaku/Inter, PEA/Dortmund, Falcao/Porto-AM-Monaco, Mbappe/PSG, Immobile/Lazio   

Edited by Clockwork Cheese