Other clubs' transfers

Greg

11 hours ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

Honestly, this guy is nothing special to me. He is quick, hardworking, and a decent dribbler, but will not stand out in the Premier League, imo. Just not a decisive player; poor final ball most of the time, not very prolific, not the kind of player with very intelligent movement, etc. Even his speed is not impressive at this level. You never know for sure, I never thought Dennis would produce like this in England, and maybe he will benefit from playing with ten other Nigerians at Watford, but I prefer Moses Simon of Nantes to him in the national team and will prefer Ademola Lookman once he finishes his switch. That gives you an idea of how I view him. :lol: 

US have improved talent compared to 2018, but results wise it is the same as always for them, outside of a 2 very close wins over Mexico (who is no longer superior to them, tbf). They won Gold Cup, which was played at home with reserve players, and it has been the usual story in World Cup qualifying of easily winning in the US and struggling consistently in away journeys to Central America and the Caribbean. I find it hard to judge them as a team, rather than just names, tbh. Striker is easily the weakness in terms of talent.

Sounds like Miggy

22 hours ago, joeyt said:

Big fan of Vagner Love still going strong and signing for FC Copenhagen

There's a blast from my Football Manager past. Can't remember what year it was but I remember him being an absolute beast for me in a few saves.

£21m allegedly. Would be the second highest transfer ever from the Primera. River have been linked with Miggy to replace; can’t see them being able to pay any sort of decent fee/wages though so likely bollocks.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

What's the highest transfer ever from that league?

Lautaro Martinez to Inter? Think it was about £22m? Although Lucas Alario to Leverkusen wasn’t far behind. 

Edited by Manxst

It's still Ashley-NUFC level to be concerned about this, but Dyche is not publically pressing for a new striker to replace Wood. There have been murmurs about Benteke, but it sounds like he's not keen.

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/burnley-fc/burnley-transfer-rumours-clarets-make-contact-for-ps10m-midfielder-crystal-palace-willing-to-sell-turf-moor-target-3532924

Without a new striker, it'll be hard for them to win matches. The stats say Cornet is just on a hot streak converting barely half chances, which cannot be relied on. Our best hope of staying up is getting new players, of course, but we also need the bar to finish above three clubs to be very low.

Simon Jordan said the Wood money will just go to service the debt to the former owners which last for the next 4 years as bullet payments based on staying in the Premier league, he also said Woods release clause was for this summer not now.