Other clubs' transfers

Greg

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Don't think they had much choice.

If your options are have Haaland for two years and then make a decent profit on him or don't sign him at all it's pretty easy. 

I wish I bought him now

6 minutes ago, Decky said:

It isn't a good move for the Premier League. City by all accounts should absolutely walk it now every year if he keeps his form. Another top league where the champions are set before a ball is kicked unless there's a major upset. 

Liverpool can still challenge them but it's grim for every other team.

14 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Dortmund have mugged themselves off with that release clause

So  citeh. I'm going for £120m. Which if he knocks in 30+ league goals.a season as expected is criminally low. 

1 hour ago, triggs said:

He won't flop but don't think he'll fit in with Pep

I should know this but has Pep ever played with a out and out striker ? He obviously wanted to with Kane last year 

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

I should know this but has Pep ever played with a out and out striker ? He obviously wanted to with Kane last year 

Lewandowski, who was signed in his first season. Eto’o before Messi moved centrally too.

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Ibrahimovic but it didn't work out

That's the example I'd compare it to. Haaland doesn't have an ego on that level but he is an odd bloke

1 hour ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Haaland had a medical in Brussels today according to SSN.

As if City need Haaland :milner:  ...still be fun watching him in the league. 

On 03/05/2022 at 17:16, ManDoon said:

I went for a job at Aberdeen (didn't get it) but their scouting dept was awesome, very innovative. They were revamping the entire thing and moving into a more modern system, was cool to see. Still, fuck them for not giving me the job

They dont deserve you, 'Doon.

11 hours ago, toon25 said:

I'm surprised Mbappe seems to be staying at PSG. Would have thought now was the perfect time to move.

Well if the rumoured money is true, then I can actually understand him :lol: €200m for 2 years? He'll still be able to play for 10 years at Real after that. 

Edited by Flip

35 minutes ago, Ben said:

Any chance Messi going to Man City this summer ? 

No chance now.  He can come to the Toon instead - howay Amanda make it happen [emoji38]

On 03/05/2022 at 12:16, ManDoon said:

I went for a job at Aberdeen (didn't get it) but their scouting dept was awesome, very innovative. They were revamping the entire thing and moving into a more modern system, was cool to see. Still, fuck them for not giving me the job

:lol: 

10 hours ago, Flip said:

Well if the rumoured money is true, than I can actually understand him :lol: €200m for 2 years? He'll still be able to play for 10 years at Real after that. 

PSG being allowed to back date their sponsorship to Joan of Arc ?

13 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Dortmund have mugged themselves off with that release clause

Haaland has insisted on having relatively low release clauses at both Salzburg and Dortmund. I think he will probably have the same at City to keep his options open.