Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Nigeria's Joe Aribo, is an athletic central midfielder, and a pretty skilful one that drives forward well. He was just doing a job for Rangers further forward last season, due to injuries I presume.

The title of the video below is a bit hyberbolic, but thought it was a good one showing more of his general game.

Just a bit [emoji38]

I just don't see it with him. At times he looks like a central defender playing in attacking midfield in one of those celebrity matches. The SPL is proper shit tbh, difficult to gauge.

To be fair they can't really win. Their team is miles away from PL standard and has already got significantly weaker by losing two of their best players (Spence going back to Boro and their keeper jumping ship). 

Can't afford not to strengthen.

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Ajax signing Bergwijn for €30 million is a bit mad

Taken to the cleaners - should have heid their nerve in the market and got him for 20m 

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Just a bit [emoji38]

I just don't see it with him. At times he looks like a central defender playing in attacking midfield in one of those celebrity matches. The SPL is proper shit tbh, difficult to gauge.

He looked very clumsy and leggy in that euro final. But at the same time, he put himself about and obviously managed a goal. 

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Give most of the lads that got them promoted a go? 

That sounds like a sure way of getting relegated like Norwich do all the time

Their best player has left and there's barely anyone in their squad who is of Prem standard. They were playing Jack Colback at left back ffs

27 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Taken to the cleaners - should have heid their nerve in the market and got him for 20m 

Dunno man, I mean, he’s 24, playing for the Netherlands (and scoring) and with bags of potential. I’d have been annoyed if we’d sold him for much less. Would have been happy to keep him tbh.

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Just a bit [emoji38]

Been watching him since he was at Charlton, and have also watched him for Nigeria. It's a clever signing by Southampton, particularly at that price. He'll adjust to the premier league and he will do well. A central defender playing attacking midfield in a celebrity game? My God ... don't think you've seen much of him at all. 

10 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He looked very clumsy and leggy in that euro final. But at the same time, he put himself about and obviously managed a goal. 

He was playing upfront and he's not a striker at all.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

He was playing upfront and he's not a striker at all.

Yeah I know, I’ve never actually seen him play midfield.

Can’t go wrong with almost anyone at £6m, worth a try. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

Forest doing a Fulham. Buying a brand new team just to get relegated. 

Really like the signings they are making. Think they'll have a chance. it's going to be very tough though. Especially with Fulham and Bournemouth being the other two teams coming up.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I've said it for a while now, this guy doesn't like football, it's a pay packet to fund his lifestyle. Which is fair enough but he doesn't have the passion anymore for top level football.

I’d have taken him in Jan, I’ve got reservations about him on and off the field but I do feel he’d make this side stronger and if getting him on a free meant we could spend in other areas I think I’d take him now.