Other clubs' transfers

Greg

On 09/07/2022 at 05:16, KaKa said:

Not sure which Eze you refer too. Eze is an attacking midfielder that has mostly played from the number 10 position and the left side. He has also sometimes played as an attacking central midfielder in a midfield three. He is an exceptional dribbler with great technique, who plays with his head up and has great vision. In the clip below for his first season at Palace, you'll see most of his work came from that left side. He could easily replace Zaha there.

I've seen him mostly in the middle or left of the midfield three... This was for Palace, didn't see him for QPR so not sure he played in the front line there.

But I think it'd going to be a tough order replace Wilfried Zaha. The amount of fouls he gets, the goals, assists and general shithousery may take a few cycles to get right. I do hope he stays. I think he will as a lot of the big teams have players in his position and I could see him becoming a wingback like Victor Moses.( And if anyone thinks I'm bringing up the old LWB again, Louis Van Gal told Zaha himself you have two options, - wingback or number 9) They'll build a statue if he ended his career there. Iverson may never have won a ring but the respect he has in the game goes so much further than that. 

I love Eze btw but I thought he was a 8/10  depending on the system. Zaha is primarily on the left, no? Where as Eze is all action in the middle third. Thought Eze was the driving midfield type like a Gerrard or Toure. 

2 hours ago, Astroblack said:

I've seen him mostly in the middle or left of the midfield three... This was for Palace, didn't see him for QPR so not sure he played in the front line there.

But I think it'd going to be a tough order replace Wilfried Zaha. The amount of fouls he gets, the goals, assists and general shithousery may take a few cycles to get right. I do hope he stays. I think he will as a lot of the big teams have players in his position and I could see him becoming a wingback like Victor Moses.( And if anyone thinks I'm bringing up the old LWB again, Louis Van Gal told Zaha himself you have two options, - wingback or number 9) They'll build a statue if he ended his career there. Iverson may never have won a ring but the respect he has in the game goes so much further than that. 

I love Eze btw but I thought he was a 8/10  depending on the system. Zaha is primarily on the left, no? Where as Eze is all action in the middle third. Thought Eze was the driving midfield type like a Gerrard or Toure. 

Eze is nothing like a Gerrard and Toure all action midfielder man. My goodness. Not sure who you're mistaking him with.

He's a creative wide man/number 10 in the Jack Grealish type mould, that sometimes has played in a midfield three.

I see no similarities between Jack Grealish’s game and Eze. Grealish cuts in from the outside and plays on the left hand side of a front three. Eze plays on the left hand side of the midfield three. He may be the most attacking midfielder in the team but he’s no way a winger and replicating Zaha’s output would be extremely difficult. You also have to remember Zaha is basically 30 and has always been some sort of winger. I think Eze should continue to develop as a midfielder because he can become a very good one, one that could surely play for England. I think Eze is a classic midfielder and when I say that I mean a 6 goal season for the rest of his career would be exceptional. 

Edited by Astroblack

7 hours ago, Astroblack said:

I see no similarities between Jack Grealish’s game and Eze. Grealish cuts in from the outside and plays on the left hand side of a front three. Eze plays on the left hand side of the midfield three. He may be the most attacking midfielder in the team but he’s no way a winger and replicating Zaha’s output would be extremely difficult. You also have to remember Zaha is basically 30 and has always been some sort of winger. I think Eze should continue to develop as a midfielder because he can become a very good one, one that could surely play for England. I think Eze is a classic midfielder and when I say that I mean a 6 goal season for the rest of his career would be exceptional. 

I have no idea why you keep arguing, when you clearly have not seen Eze play. The majority of his career he has played either in the number 10 position or on the left (like the link below shows), and his play style is similar to Grealish. He is never a Yaya Toure or Gerrard type midfielder like you said previously, it's nonsense. He can play in a midfield three though, and probably will start out replacing Gallagher in there this season, but they will lose out on the defensive pressing and tenacity Gallagher provided in that position, as Eze just doesn't get stuck in the same way. He is more of an attack minded player.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/eberechi-eze/leistungsdaten/spieler/479999

Edited by KaKa

Loving Brentford's signings this summer. 

Kind of signings that would have been devastating if Mike Ashley was still here, and we were trying to get Choudhury on loan.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Looks like Hull already replacing him with a Turkish winger. Just made his international debut last month and scored 2 in 3. They're going to be an interesting watch with the Turkish connection.

Is that the guy they had on loan last year ? I remember Reading signed a great prospect called Puscas a couple of seasons ago and after a good start the Championship just seemed to overwhelm him and he ended up with a long term injury 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Is that the guy they had on loan last year ? I remember Reading signed a great prospect called Puscas a couple of seasons ago and after a good start the Championship just seemed to overwhelm him and he ended up with a long term injury 

This guy.

https://twitter.com/HullCity/status/1546411472867119104?t=nXe1NgBZoZkC2m6MRCNLiQ&s=19

4 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Not only does the PL have the most money but the clubs have finally wised up in terms of recruitment, like. The likes of Brighton and Brentford are extremely well run.

Add Palace to that list. Honestly, the championship is such a hotbed for young talent.

Just now, McCormick said:

Add Palace to that list. Honestly, the championship is such a hotbed for young talent.

Most of the young English talent not getting a chance in the Premier League are now getting their opportunities to show what they can do in the Championship, and clubs are taking greater notice. It's good for the England team that's for sure.

Haven't been paying much attention but where's Ousmane Dembele going? And why on earth didn't Barca want to keep him and spend 60mil (which they don't have) on Raphinha?

1 minute ago, sixx said:

Haven't been paying much attention but where's Ousmane Dembele going? And why on earth didn't Barca want to keep him and spend 60mil (which they don't have) on Raphinha?

They do want to keep Dembele but his wage demands have been too high for them up until now. He’s still there though, just not under contract- they’re still negotiating to try and keep him. 

2 minutes ago, sixx said:

He hasn't gone anywhere yet. Chelsea and PSG are the strongest linked. But imagine if he was an option - between him and Diaby I'd go for Dembele all day. He'd not come to us though or would demand silly wages. 

But think about the 45M+ saving in saved transfer fee on Diaby and surely that could contribute to the increased wages for Dembele?