Other clubs' transfers

Greg

6 hours ago, Kimbo said:

If Guardiola is favouring Grealish over Sterling then he’s a disgrace.

Pep loves him and broke City's transfer record for him.

He'll have a great season barring injury imo.

14 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

We have sold 25% of our La Liga broadcasdting rights for the next 25 years to a yank fund for something like €600m. There's a saying in Spain "bread today, hunger tomorrow", that's what this is.

I love the signing, getting Dembelé back on a short contract with a pay cut (I find the whole affair hilarious after he was demanding 30 million/year last december, which nobody offered) is also a good bit of business. Unsure about Lewandowski - absolute top drawer of a player, but I don't think we should be spending 50 million on a 30+ player in our situation.

By all accounts the guy now in charge of football business (Salvador Alemany) is really good - and for a change our deals and transfers are mostly sensible. I am worried about Laporta's ego-driven short-termism, he already had his financial director resign a few months ago.

22 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Am I missing something here? Why are they asking players to take a pay cut but chasing the likes of Raphina and Lewandowski ffs?

Well, it's not really a pay cut, rather payment deferments. We are limited in our yearly spending by La Liga due to our beleaguered finances, and that's the only way to be able to sign people while not running afoul of our spending cap.

10 hours ago, Mountain said:

Pep loves him and broke City's transfer record for him.

He'll have a great season barring injury imo.

You’re going to be waiting for him to deliver his whole career IMO.

1 hour ago, Village Idiot said:

Well, it's not really a pay cut, rather payment deferments. We are limited in our yearly spending by La Liga due to our beleaguered finances, and that's the only way to be able to sign people while not running afoul of our spending cap.

Let me tell you the tale of Bobby Bonilla…