Other clubs' transfers

Greg

26 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It depends, where are you going with this?

Wiki says he has two daughters.

It was a Sean Casey pisstake. 

Casey reckons a mystery player has put his kids into a Newcastle school. Not that I want to give him any publicity, just for context.  

Edited by LV

2 minutes ago, LV said:

It was a Sean Casey pisstake. 

Casey reckons a mystery player has put his kids into a Newcastle school. Not that I want to give him any publicity, just for context.  

Ah, I was only having a laugh. I haven't called the authorities or anything...

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Ah, I was only having a laugh. I haven't called the authorities or anything...

:lol:

Edited by LV

5 hours ago, Village Idiot said:

Well, it's not really a pay cut, rather payment deferments. We are limited in our yearly spending by La Liga due to our beleaguered finances, and that's the only way to be able to sign people while not running afoul of our spending cap.

If it’s not really a pay cut, why aren’t you just paying De Jong what you owe him? Is it that that money will count against the pay cap over the next four years however you try to work it so you’re just hoping he writes it off? If that’s the case, then how is that not a pay cut?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62131753.amp

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

If it’s not really a pay cut, why aren’t you just paying De Jong what you owe him? Is it that that money will count against the pay cap over the next four years however you try to work it so you’re just hoping he writes it off? If that’s the case, then how is that not a pay cut?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62131753.amp

If we pay him when we resolve his contract with Barça it will count all of it towards this year, which will probably make us run afoul of the spending cap.

I think that what we want is ManU to shoulder that.

Edited by Village Idiot

7 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

If we pay him when we resolve his contract with Barça it will count all of it towards this year, which will probably make us run afoul of the spending cap.

I think that what we want is ManU to shoulder that.

Yeah that’s what I presumed. Wouldn’t they just expect you to cut his price accordingly then? Seems completely insane that this wasn’t resolved earlier. Like, if you owe him 20M over the four years of his contract in deferred wages then just cut the transfer price by 20M. Any idea roughly how much he deferred? You know, to help you out after all :lol:

17 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Southampton and Burnley's transfer policy just seems to be hoovering up man city reserves

They're going to have the last laugh man. More clubs should have cottoned on to this by now. They just need a couple of them to hit and they will not only benefit in the short term, but they will rake in tens of millions.

Just now, rgk_lfc said:

Isn't this kid supposed to be super talented?

Yeah, I believe he is, but at some point they have to let some of these young talents leave because they want to play, and there just isn't the room or pathway for them to come through.

21 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah that’s what I presumed. Wouldn’t they just expect you to cut his price accordingly then? Seems completely insane that this wasn’t resolved earlier. Like, if you owe him 20M over the four years of his contract in deferred wages then just cut the transfer price by 20M. Any idea roughly how much he deferred? You know, to help you out after all :lol:

Roughly €18 million deferred wages + €10 million in pending loyalty bonuses. So €28m lump sum that has to be paid to him if we sell him.

Edited by Village Idiot

52 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

Roughly €18 million deferred wages + €10 million in pending loyalty bonuses. So €28m lump sum that has to be paid to him if we sell him.

So this is what it looks like to an outsider. De Jong agreed to defer essentially €28M to his next contract to help Barca out during the pandemic. Barca agreed a sale of c. £55M rising to £72M with Man U, as a way of raising cash right now plus reducing the wage bill. De Jong says “hang on, you still owe me €28M, please pay me that”. Barca hadn’t told Man U???

Here’s my question. Are you the baddies?

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I believe he is, but at some point they have to let some of these young talents leave because they want to play, and there just isn't the room or pathway for them to come through.

I read somewhere, not 100% sure of the reliability of the source, that Delap was considered Sancho level talent. Not a bad strategy by Southampton, by the way. Targeting City and Chelsea youngsters. 

11 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

I read somewhere, not 100% sure of the reliability of the source, that Delap was considered Sancho level talent. Not a bad strategy by Southampton, by the way. Targeting City and Chelsea youngsters. 

I think it's a very clever strategy that the German clubs have been increasingly taking advantage of in recent times. Think Southampton are really well positioned to take full advantage of it.

They're an attractive enough mid table Prem club to move to after leaving Man City, in order to get more playing time, especially as they have a pretty decent manager and they try to play a modern style of football. It's a club I could easily see a few of them doing really well and having their value sky rocket.