Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Will they just switch Cancelo to right-back?

Imagine there'll be more rotation. Season before last Zinchenko played a lot more games at LB but last year he didnt seem to trust Zinchenko as much to rotate FBs as often. Would think they'd go back to more rotation route with Cucurella, Walker seems to be getting more little niggles. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Cucarella is good but I never had him near the £50m bracket. Not sure he'll even start for City in most games.

He's more a conventional FB than Zinchenko from what I've seen, less of a secret midfielder.  

Who do you think will play left back? Ake?

Had a really disappointing season last year mind, 0 goals and 1 assist despite playing every game. I think his lack of progression was one of the main reasons Burnley went down.

Edited by ponsaelius

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Will they just switch Cancelo to right-back?

I don't think Cucurella even necessarily starts regularly. Zinchenko at LB was the weak link last season whenever he played there, now they can rotate Walker and Cucurella on the opposite side of Cancelo, Stones and Ake ready step in in case of emergency. Cancelo being able to play on either side is such a strength on top of his amazing ability, ridiculous player.

Edited by Pata

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

Had a really disappointing season last year mind, 0 goals and 1 assist despite playing every game. I think his lack of progression was one of the main reasons Burnley went down.

Gouffran-esque

Just now, Shearergol said:

"wrote their debt off"

It's all bullshit. Fucking hate it.

Lets see if Tuchel can actually pull it all together and how these players cope in the league.

It's all just names and big fees for now, and it's easy to get caught up in all of it. I personally am still very sceptical. They are all over the place.

What is the fucking point of FFP if clubs are just going to do that?

And why are we seemingly the only club with money willing to play by those rules? There has to be a point when a massive heel turn comes along.

Or maybe it’s just as simple that we can’t attract those players yet until we reach Europe.

Chelsea make a lot of money from player sales, and if they are in trouble they can always sell one of their many players who they hide in cupboards who happen to be worth £20m who never see the light of day.