Other clubs' transfers

Greg

7 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

West Ham's attack is lightyears better like :lol:

Really don't think the 3 players that were mentioned are that much if any better than ours given as I said how much of an unknown quantity Scamacca is. Their depth is miles better like but that wasn't what I was on about.

Antonio went from January to May without scoring as well, that wasn't all down to injury.

Edited by KDT

1 minute ago, KDT said:

Really don't think the 3 players that were mentioned are that much if any better than ours given as I said how much of an unknown quantity Scamacca is. Their depth is miles better like but that wasn't what I was on about.

Agree on Scamacca but the other two are scoring goals for fun compared to wide men we have. Bowen scored the double of Maximin/Almiron.

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The fact that West Ham have got more than two decent forwards means their attack is better than hours.

:thup: We know on here how to clock a good strike-force when we see one, without having to get into the minute detail.

9 minutes ago, KDT said:

Antonio went from January to May without scoring as well, that wasn't all down to injury.

Bowen's one of the best players in the league. Hard to imagine Cornet won't be more productive than Almiron/Fraser.

Cornet was more productive in 1 season than Almiron and Fraser have been in the last 2 seasons combined.

He's not the first to suggest Almiron is comparable to Cornet. There's a section of our fans perfectly happy for him to start at RW 30 games next season over the likes of Cornet or Harrison. 0 goals and assists. Output worse than Gouffran.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Cornet was more productive in 1 season than Almiron and Fraser have been in the last 2 seasons combined.

He's not the first to suggest Almiron is comparable to Cornet. There's a section of our fans perfectly happy for him to start at RW 30 games next season over the likes of Cornet or Harrison. 0 goals and assists. Output worse than Gouffran.

I'd take both of those players but it's not completely impossible that Almiron improves for playing with a better manager and in a better side, he's certainly done enough in the last couple of months for club & country to suggest it's possible.

1 hour ago, relámpago blanco said:

Depends how ASM has progressed. Cornet scamacca and Bowen I would say are probably better. It depends who we sign though. 

Bowen and Cornet have both been comfortably better than Maxi and Almiron in the Prem. Wilson vs Scamacca is hard to judge, but he seems like a great forward. 

ASM  and Miggy could improve their output (they have to) but it's no comparison really atm.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

39 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Well aye but not for the reason's you seem to think :lol:

Nobody has suggested Almiron is comparable to Cornet surely, too?

We benefit from playing Almiron, if Howe believes he can get a tune out of him, as it increases his value to the squad.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

57 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Well aye but not for the reason's you seem to think :lol:

Nobody has suggested Almiron is comparable to Cornet surely, too?

We benefit from playing Almiron, if Howe believes he can get a tune out of him, as it increases his value to the squad.

Yes a few have suggested they wouldn't represent an improvement on him.

Personally, I think if his contract expired in June 2022, he wouldn't get a move to a PL team.

24 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yes a few have suggested they wouldn't represent an improvement on him.

Personally, I think if his contract expired in June 2022, he wouldn't get a move to a PL team.

I agree, that could be different in a years time though, if Howe feels like there's a player in there.

I would love Cornet here fwiw - I would swap him for Miggy in a heartbeat, I just know there'll be an actual reason why we're not going in for him. It might just be that unless we can sign our priority targets we're happy to go with what we have (and probably a loan or 2), try to improve their value, and use the money saved in January/Summer.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

You should mention this more, I really had no idea what your thoughts on Almiron were.

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Will you please stop saying this over and over and over again, it is fucking psychotic. 

We get it man, we know where you stand on Cornet vs Almiron / Fraser. Christ. 

5 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Will you please stop saying this over and over and over again, it is fucking psychotic. 

We get it man, we know where you stand on Cornet vs Almiron / Fraser. Christ. 

Why is TCD getting singled out, when people repeat themselves over and over again on here? Genuine question. Christ. 

*put him on ignore if it's psychotic to you

Edited by Flip

20 minutes ago, Flip said:

Why is TCD getting singled out, when people repeat themselves over and over again on here? Genuine question. Christ. 

Because half of every football thread atm is him repeating the same points in a self important way over and over again. I don't see anyone else doing that and it's doing my head in. 

And point taken on ignore, but just because there is an ignore function doesn't mean people can expect to just post constant repetitive shite for others to read without any criticism for it. 

28 minutes ago, Flip said:

So, is that aimed at Christ ?