Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

employee closer employer who pays the most  is somehow deluded?

There’s more at play than just wages here. Is the team you’re going to, going to develop you as a player, as you’re only 20 years old. What’s the team dynamic like, the area you’re moving to etc. if the wage difference between the two clubs is huge then it’s understandable, if it’s not that far apart but Everton offer higher I think it’s a poor choice to go to a team that only just survived relegation last season and have lost their best player 

Just now, gbandit said:

There’s more at play than just wages here. Is the team you’re going to, going to develop you as a player, as you’re only 20 years old. What’s the team dynamic like, the area you’re moving to etc. if the wage difference between the two clubs is huge then it’s understandable, if it’s not that far apart but Everton offer higher I think it’s a poor choice to go to a team that only just survived relegation last season and have lost their best player 

If you look at things in purely sporting terms sure, west ham is better but given both teams are unlikely to win anything it doesn’t matter. 

in fact, given West ham seem ok financially it’s like the would struggle to move on if things go well due to demand a high fee. 

Also, maybe it’s a case of Everton offering a high salary plus release clauses as they have the weaker negotiating position than west ham. 

It's impossible to know what's going on in someone else's head but if it was me and I was 20 years old, I would like to think that the thing that would mean the most to me would be developing to be the best player I could be. I'd be looking at clubs and coaches who have a track record of developing players and that would be a big motivating factor for me

Just now, gbandit said:

It's impossible to know what's going on in someone else's head but if it was me and I was 20 years old, I would like to think that the thing that would mean the most to me would be developing to be the best player I could be. I'd be looking at clubs and coaches who have a track record of developing players and that would be a big motivating factor for me

Rice aside who have West ham brought through? 

if I’m the player or the players agent I’ll be looking for Salary/bonuses plus release clause. The romantic era is long gone, football is a business players know this, the owners definitely know it. 

Players like Bowen, Antonio, Cresswell, Rice and Fornals are all players who have improved a lot with West Ham. Rice is the main one they’ve brought through but as a 20 year old I’d be looking at how players have fared there in their early 20s when they’re developing. Anyway, I can’t argue with the fact it’s all business and that numbers on a sheet are the major factor nowadays. However, if I was looking at Everton seriously I’d want to know how they fared last season, did they look like a good place to play football and develop and the answer to that would be easy to come to 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Do they not have a long history of bringing through quality youth players?

I mean historically yes they have but I don’t think they were offering 30m to put this guy on the bench either. 

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

employee closer employer who pays the most  is somehow deluded?

Aye. West Ham and Everton are similar profile of clubs. One is doing much better than the other at the moment but I wouldn't be surprised if they were neck & neck in 5 years or situations were reversed (which was the case not too long ago).

If i was a lad from France, i'd go to the highest bidder of terms were different by 20%+

1 hour ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Forest after a lad called  Jizz Hornkamp. For fucks sake somebody warn the lad what he’s in for before he commits. 

Not sure how he fits in there. Can’t see the Forest for the Jizz.

14 hours ago, Nobody said:

The Cucurella deal to Chelsea fucking stinks IMO. Spending that amount on a player who isn't even needed is just next level shite for the game. Chelsea would have left backs worth a 1/3 of our club ffs :lol:

Just listening to Liverpool’s No.2 saying whoever uses the 5 sub rule the best wins the league. Said it’s great for the “big” teams. Not what Klopp said when arguing for it. What a surprise 🙂

TWD went down in my estimation when he said that. Is there anyone Chelsea aren't signing or trying to sign btw?

Hopefully gets the chain moving on Werner or Broja.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Great signing for West Ham.

Can only hope Moyes is a bit daft and plays him at left back and not further forward in one of the winger slots.

Would have been great on the right for us.

Edited by KaKa