Other clubs' transfers

Greg

14 hours ago, Froggy said:

£55m plus £7m in add ons for Cucurella. That's actually insane. 

Everton seemingly chucking the cash at Ounana too (apparently personal terms were 'an issue' for WHam)

Just now, ShoTime said:

Why can Chelsea spend this money (inc. what's gone out on Lukaku) yet we're supposedly bound by FFP constraints? 

Because they bring in four times as much money as we do? Plus they also weren’t allowed to sign anyone for a year, so that has helped them massively too.

I don't think I saw a Brighton game this year, but just a year ago, I thought this guy was one of the worst defenders I've seen in a long time when he was beaten by Antony for the entirety of the Olympics final. Now he's going for £63m. Damn. Shouldn't trust my judgement ever again.

20 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Because they bring in four times as much money as we do? Plus they also weren’t allowed to sign anyone for a year, so that has helped them massively too.

And possibly some creative accounting going on

Boehly seems a bit clueless - it's as if he's embraced Roman's transfer strategy but he's desperately trying to outspend him to prove he's cooler. Without much thought squad balance, player happiness etc. I fully expect him to be trigger happy with managers too. 

Hopefully De Marco takes them (and the PL) to the cleaners in court over the 1.5b debt. 

Edited by junkhead

46 minutes ago, toon25 said:

If things couldn't get any more mental, a newly promoted side offering 35 million for a Wolves reserve.

He’s a good player like, one of the best in the championship last season and England u21 intl. No idea why he’s so keen to leave Wolves given ‘he’s one of their own’

2 hours ago, junkhead said:

Boehly seems a bit clueless - it's as if he's embraced Roman's transfer strategy but he's desperately trying to outspend him to prove he's cooler. Without much thought squad balance, player happiness etc. I fully expect him to be trigger happy with managers too. 

Hopefully De Marco takes them (and the PL) to the cleaners in court over the 1.5b debt. 

The clearing of the 1.5b debt isn't relevant to FFP, there's nothing for us to take the PL to court about there.

At the moment they can spend like they are and stay within FFP rules due to their £1/2b revenue.