Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

Rice won’t go for less than £100m. Sad that we’re not at the stage to compete for a player of his calibre

Reckon having not long had a baby he’ll want to be in London.

If Chelsea weren’t a shit show he’d 100% want to go there but I think his only real option is Arsenal.

1 minute ago, andyc35i said:

Rice won’t go for less than £100m. Sad that we’re not at the stage to compete for a player of his calibre

That's a canny midfield England have, if only Southgate trusted them to run it so he could have an extra attacker 

Just now, Ben said:

That's a canny midfield England have, if only Southgate trusted them to run it so he could have an extra attacker 

Painful isn’t it, could have Rice and Bellingham then someone just to do what they want ahead.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Mac Aliister confirmed as £35 million potentially rising to £55 million. Either figure is freely available to use depending on the point being made.

Liverpool like to do this to pretend they don’t spend big money. The add ons are like the one we had for Chris wood, like playing five games etc.

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Even with Kalvin 'Ten Minutes Here and There' Phillips in it.

Edited by brummie

12 minutes ago, Ben said:

Having the players is only part of it. Just look at what Howe did with the same players Bruce had given up on.

2 hours ago, Beren said:

Can't believe he was so cheap. Damn.

With add-ons they're paying 55M and you would imagine that'll get paid in full unless he has a stinker or gets badly crocked.

Bellingham was 88M and he's 5 years younger, so I'd say 50-60M is probably MacAllister's market value.

1 hour ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

They’re going to have some midfield. 

Suprised they are going for both him and Rice but I guess if they get them both there midfield and forward line is ridiculous.

Jesus

Martinelli Odegaard Saka

Caciedo Rice

:drool:

24 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Suprised they are going for both him and Rice but I guess if they get them both there midfield and forward line is ridiculous.

Jesus

Martinelli Odegaard Saka

Caciedo Rice

Also quality backup options across the midfield like Partey, Jorginho, Trossard, Smith-Rowe, Nelson and others. 

Just now, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Also quality backup options across the midfield like Partey, Jorginho, Trossard, Smith-Rowe, Nelson and others. 

Partey and Jorginho are available to leave supposedly 

Just goes to show what we are up against really. Arsenal potentially signing Rice and Caciedo (probably our whole summer budget on two players) and our transfer thread is discussing McTominay or Adams. 

That's not a dig either, it's just why it's so hard to break and compete against the big 6 consistently. You have to operate on a smaller budget, targeting more 'riskier' players whilst having to maintain a good hit rate and perform above the sum of your parts. These sides can afford to drop 80/100m on players and have them be flops and it not effect them. 

29 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Jesus

Martinelli Odegaard Saka

Caciedo Rice

Jesus, lead the line.

2 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Perhaps but Xhaka is already going. Presumably the likes of Elneny and Lokonga will be moved on. Think that Viera will move on loan as well.

They’ll get at least 20m plus for Balagon too - think Lokonga stays are Tierney is shipped 

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

100m for rice is a completely rip off. I’m glad we aren’t looking to pay that. 

It's a bit too pricey for any footballer, but it's a great signing for someone. 

I mean, they still won't finish any higher than they did this year, so you could question the point. But that's football. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's a bit too pricey for any footballer, but it's a great signing for someone. 

I mean, they still won't finish any higher than they did this year, so you could question the point. But that's football. 

Think you’ll be able to find value players way under that, who are of the same ability. Thirty year old Bonaventura outshone him last night. 

16 hours ago, Disco said:

He’s getting a huge cut of league sponsorship/subscription deals I’ve read. Nowhere near as much coin though but you’d live in Florida over Saudi for a tenth of the wage even if you’re more like to get shot or blown away.

I’ve heard this a few times and curious how it’s been excepted by the other clubs. Surely it’s no different to Sky or BT being part of a deal in our league to attract him to Man Utd for example. Imagine our reaction to that as fans 🙂

Are subscriptions purchased for individual teams and it’s a cut of those?