Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

I’ve heard this a few times and curious how it’s been excepted by the other clubs. Surely it’s no different to Sky or BT being part of a deal in our league to attract him to Man Utd for example. Imagine our reaction to that as fans 🙂

Are subscriptions purchased for individual teams and it’s a cut of those?

No idea but MLS is ran a bit differently over here so I don’t think the clubs have too much of a say albeit I am not 100% on that. Could be wrong though.

I’m sure one of the Yanks will be able to explain properly. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Rodrigo with a £3m release clause? Can imagine there'll be a lot of takers in the 8-14th bracket. 

Surely you’d think Wolves would be all over that. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Rodrigo with a £3m release clause? Can imagine there'll be a lot of takers in the 8-14th bracket. 

I would take that but I guess he’ll want to be a starter. Wolves is a great shout. Fantasy team next year maybe. 

According to the shields gazette, Harvey Barnes will choose West Ham over Newcastle United. 

This is because while we have qualified for the Champions League, the pull of Europe, and the Europa League, will prove too strong for him!

They aren't the brightest at the Gazette are they!

Wonder how Ronaldo feels, stuck in the desert and hiker Messi is in Miami.

Ronaldo has all the money he needs, and Messi might get a load of extra US endorsements to close the financial gap anyway

Just now, WilliamPS said:

Wonder how Ronaldo feels, stuck in the desert and hiker Messi is in Miami.

Ronaldo has all the money he needs, and Messi might get a load of extra US endorsements to close the financial gap anyway

Ronaldo might win the financial battle but Messi won the war in Qatar. For someone already richer than Croesus, the fact he’ll never have a World Cup must rankle with him, particularly with some of those Portugal teams in the mid-00s.

27 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

4D05F16B-EEE6-48CF-ACE8-1652FF6A9410.thumb.jpeg.450d7f9e99a88d4be9341b7f2e073e18.jpeg

Anddddd that’s why you do it. 

Cba to check but also shows the global appeal of the NBA. I presume they have much higher follower counts than those other leagues.

Edited by ponsaelius

25 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I really like Rice, but there's nothing about him going to Arsenal that makes me think it'll hugely elevate them tbh, unless his game or their game changes.

Not sure there, think he's a massive upgrade on Partey and Xhaka. Might have pushed Man City a little bit closer with Rice particularly in the run-in when they were blowing leads. 

45 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I really like Rice, but there's nothing about him going to Arsenal that makes me think it'll hugely elevate them tbh, unless his game or their game changes.

If he takes the Xhaka role that's quite an upgrade. I know Xhaka had a good season but with Rice there you'd expect that kind of quality to be repeated year on year.

22 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Not sure there, think he's a massive upgrade on Partey and Xhaka. Might have pushed Man City a little bit closer with Rice particularly in the run-in when they were blowing leads. 

Think for us and Arsenal that 'overachieved' you probably have to spend that £150/200m in the summer just to not fall behind before even think about closing the gap. Think both could improve their squads quite a bit and it will still be a real challenge to match last season. 

54 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Genuinely can't see anything remarkable about Rice. I just don't get it.

He's clearly not shit, but I don't think he's anywhere near - not will be - at the elite level.

https://twitter.com/jac_talbot/status/1666899924187766789

Mr Talbot seems to have got himself a source at Liverpool:

"Understand personal terms have been verbally agreed between Liverpool and OGC Nice midfielder Khephren Thuram.

The Frenchman, who has been on Liverpool’s radar since January, had been in advanced talks with the Premier League club over a proposed move, as we revealed, and now the two clubs have agreed a deal in principle, multiple sources tell us."