Other clubs' transfers

Greg

8 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I was very disappointed when Messi left Barcelona. I know they were in a bit of financial trouble at the time and couldn't afford his wages but it would have been nice if he offered a reduction in salary to help the club out and show some loyalty after the years he had been there. PSG was 100% about money as is his latest move

The rumours about him being somewhat dictated to by his dad do seem to ring true. 

8 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I was very disappointed when Messi left Barcelona. I know they were in a bit of financial trouble at the time and couldn't afford his wages but it would have been nice if he offered a reduction in salary to help the club out and show some loyalty after the years he had been there. PSG was 100% about money as is his latest move

I think there are rules in place within Spanish/La Liga employment law meaning he couldn’t take the wage cut needed or that he wanted to take

Furthermore I don’t believe there was a real desire from Barcas end to keep him 

14 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

He did offer a reduction, to the maximum allowed which was half 

Ultimately Barca were in a financial shit show and struggled to even register other players at the time 

His PSG move was about doing what was best for his World Cup ambitions 

And his latest move will be partly motivated by money but the Saudi offer dwarfs it yet he didn't pick that 

Does Messi have autism? I know there was talk but was it ever followed up? Makes his incredible talent even more so.

May have even asked this before, but my memory is broke. 

Edited by Dokko

1 hour ago, Mikky said:

I think there are rules in place within Spanish/La Liga employment law meaning he couldn’t take the wage cut needed or that he wanted to take

Furthermore I don’t believe there was a real desire from Barcas end to keep him 

Yup and from what I've read online La Liga have rules around wages needing to meet some criteria of "fairness" depending on the players stature and ability - so it's not like this time around he could even say to Barcelona that he'd play for free.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Does Messi have autism? I know there was talk but was it ever followed up? Makes his incredible talent even more so.

May have even asked this before, but my memory is broke. 

That can be a help in some scenarios, I was listening to Beresford talk about how he thought Gazza was 'autistic' because on the field 'everything made sense' whereas off it he was a loose cannon.

24 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Must be mad being a fan of an MLS side like. Lionel Messi threading balls down the wing to Deandre Yedlin.

Vancouver only got to get Nigel Reo-Coker before he drunk drove his bike into a bike rack and spent several weeks out injured.

24 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Must be mad being a fan of an MLS side like. Lionel Messi threading balls down the wing to Deandre Yedlin.

They've got far worse examples than Yedlin like. Phil Neville's son is on the squad. MLS squads are just pure banter. They've got some Finnish fella called Robert Taylor who used to play for Lincoln :lol: Could be class for all I know.

I can imagine the commentary now:

Messi is waiting for the ball. Messi is still waiting for the ball. Messi has the ball and that is a world class restart after Miami go two zero down.

Edited by Teslact