Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Think it’s a bit unfair to say his legs have gone tbh. He’s been in a struggling side for 18 months and I think a change of environment and working with a top manager will bring the best out of him. Pretty similar to what people are hoping happen with Gordon.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Think it’s a bit unfair to say his legs have gone tbh. He’s been in a struggling side for 18 months and I think a change of environment and working with a top manager will bring the best out of him. Pretty similar to what people are hoping happen with Gordon.

He'll play in a system that'll suit his strengths.

I think he's a very good player, just not a good fit for us.

He would have been a decent back up to Bruno which is one of the positions we need to cover this summer. However, I can understand if the club see his wages as having people knocking on the door demanding more, not that I think he’s on anywhere near £200k a week.

I trust Emery.

I saw him take McGinn from a shambling mess to a dynamic, all over the pitch midfielder inside ten games. I've seen him bring out the best in almost our entire squad. The talent is there, he'll sort it.

I think that's a sound move by villa. A full preseason with emery is going to do them wonders, plus a few solid additions.

Be interesting to see if they mount a sustained push on "top 6" this coming season.

22 minutes ago, brummie said:

I trust Emery.

I saw him take McGinn from a shambling mess to a dynamic, all over the pitch midfielder inside ten games. I've seen him bring out the best in almost our entire squad. The talent is there, he'll sort it.

He's like Howe, turned underperforming players under a shite previous managers into the players they should be. 

Seven teams could be fighting for the top 5 next season. Eight is Spurs keep Kane.

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He'll probably play the Europa Conference up to the last 8 and the domestic cup games. 

I just looked and West Ham

played 15 games in the Europa Conference, not far off another half a seasons worth of games.

2 hours ago, brummie said:

Good signing. 

Kamara, McGinn, Tielemans, Ramsey, Luiz - total cost about £20m. 

To think where you were headed under Anfield legend Stevie G.  :lol:

Another good free pick up for Villa, he’s not perfect but no brainer on a free. It doesn’t work out? So what sell him. 

Kind of annoying we have a pass to both him and Kamara when we spend so much time talking about FFP. 

7 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Another good free pick up for Villa, he’s not perfect but no brainer on a free. It doesn’t work out? So what sell him. 

Main risk with a free transfer is the inflated wages, Juve simply couldn’t shift Aaron Ramsay until the end of his contract as his wages were well over market value. 

Tielemans Is talented but the fact he chose to dial it in for pretty much the full season for Leicester would worry me. 

Although if anyone can get a tune out of him Emery probably can. He feels a bit of a Shelvey type, borderline unplayable on his day but if times get tough you don’t necessarily want him in the trenches.