Other clubs' transfers

Greg

9 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

He's also got even more minutes in his legs at that age than Dele Alli did, and already plays games with strapping all over his legs.

Not to say he's going to go anywhere near the same way - but definitely needs to watch out for physical burnout.

Tielemans another case in point. I'm sure he'll be fine though.

21 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

He's also got even more minutes in his legs at that age than Dele Alli did, and already plays games with strapping all over his legs.

Not to say he's going to go anywhere near the same way - but definitely needs to watch out for physical burnout.

Tbf, Alli had a heart the size of a fucking ant. Which was pretty much my point: a young man like Bellingham would at this stage give every indication that he'd adapt his game in the event of injury/sign of burnout 

Am I the only one baffled by Arsenal attempting to sign Havertz, especially at the quoted £70m+? 

I think he’s massively underperformed at Chelsea and that’s partly down to that club being a disaster but also down to him. In the right set up I think he could be a good player but he’s really not worth the fee quoted. 19 goals from 91 premier league games in a side filled with attacking talent. Awful stats

No idea in all honesty. He’s great in the air, he’s good at simple link up play and is physically strong. He’s fairly fast as well but I see him miss tons of chances and he doesn’t have that many assists from his three seasons in the PL, just over 10 I think. Complete anomaly who needs a ton of coaching and to have a more defined role 

Bellingham’s dad is a police officer and played either Sunday or non league so he’s had it in built from him for years. Almost captained BD to a Bundesliga at 19 would be some achievement. Dunno why he wasn’t playing toward the end of the season. Probably would have made the difference if he was on the pitch. 

9 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Am I crazy not rate Caicedo. He’s good but massively overrated, a bit like Mitoma. Had a good purple patch but then fell off. 

Think they’re both outstanding in all honesty 

For 70m Havertz must be in their starting plans. Can only assume it's in some sort of false 9 role? Doenst make sense as they already have Jesus who can link things together really nicely and has shown more in this league. Even Lukaku from Chelsea would be a better option I reckon. 

At BL he was either in and around the ‘10’ position or even playing as n 8. 

Don’t really understand why they’ve been playing him as a striker. 

I think he’s a very talented player, personally. 

He’s in very much the wrong environment at Chelsea though.

1 hour ago, toon25 said:

Tbf, Alli had a heart the size of a fucking ant. Which was pretty much my point: a young man like Bellingham would at this stage give every indication that he'd adapt his game in the event of injury/sign of burnout 

I think Alli actually has a lot of psychological and mental health issues caused by a very difficult upbringing. He’s got a really difficult relationship with his father.

14 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Havertz gives me Morata vibes. Will bounce between elite clubs for monster fees scoring 10 goals a season and generally being a bit of a dud. 

Hard to disagree here.

Aside from a sterling agent, I can't see the fuss

11 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I think Alli actually has a lot of psychological and mental health issues caused by a very difficult upbringing. He’s got a really difficult relationship with his father.

Putting all personal issues aside though, there is a massive gulf in maturity, application and talent between Bellingham and Alli

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Am I the only one baffled by Arsenal attempting to sign Havertz, especially at the quoted £70m+? 

I think he’s massively underperformed at Chelsea and that’s partly down to that club being a disaster but also down to him. In the right set up I think he could be a good player but he’s really not worth the fee quoted. 19 goals from 91 premier league games in a side filled with attacking talent. Awful stats

He flashes his world class technique in most games, many managers probably think they can get him to that next level. Has all the talent in the world, just needs a good system and a role in that system that gets the most out of him.

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

Agree, I don't really see where he fits in or how he improves their first XI. Happy for them to spend a chunk of their budget on him, although quite annoying that Chelsea may get back close to what they paid.

6 hours ago, gbandit said:

I get it to a point.

Havertz was a hell of a prospect at Leverkusen and despite that I wouldn't say he ever consistently played in the role Chelsea have had him in. If Arteta is doing this to restore him as an AM or RW then it takes sense. 

Bundesliga is no standard to go on. Sancho did well there. Havertz, Werner. It’s too hit and miss. Haaland did well but he had a 10 goal season in the Champions League. No doubts about NKunku either as he’s proven at Champions League level. 

Dzeko - CL qualifications

Lewandawski - four goals against Real in the CL + more. 

Gundogan - CL qualifications.

6 hours ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Am I crazy not rate Caicedo. He’s good but massively overrated, a bit like Mitoma. Had a good purple patch but then fell off. 

I think the match he played against us towards the end of the season he was pretty shit, he was all over the place TBF to him and he changed position about 3 times.

He's obviously quality but I wouldn't pay £80 million, no way.