Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Well played City... Just reduced arsenals budgets by an extra 20 million lol

Nooo, it's all a masterplan cooked up between Pep and Arteta apparently.

They seriously want their head checked if they don't sell him for that mind. 

It was the sales of Carrick, Berbatov and later Bale and Modric that kickstarted them ending up with an excellent squad under Poch and the club they've been for the past 10 years. They seriously need a refresh and selling an aging Kane (and Son tbh) would go a long way to funding that

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I guess if they have a good season they might be able to get him to sign on again. 

From Kane's POV he's missed the optimum time to leave. 

This is his peak, he drops from here in value and in quality. I know he’s not a fast player so he won’t lose much pace but even just a small loss of pace will have a big impact in terms of finding a yard to get a shot off 

Just now, gbandit said:

This is his peak, he drops from here in value and in quality. I know he’s not a fast player so he won’t lose much pace but even just a small loss of pace will have a big impact in terms of finding a yard to get a shot off 

Maybe, but he also only has to wait until next summer and he can go anywhere for free. Therefore his bank account can be truly stuffed with bonuses and wages. And he won't be relying on Daniel Levy to decide where he can go. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

About 50 goals away from Shearer? Another year at Spurs and that will be half that if he hits usual standards. Levy might be thinking he would then sign another Spurs deal and stay to break the prem record.

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It was the sales of Carrick, Berbatov and later Bale and Modric that kickstarted them ending up with an excellent squad under Poch and the club they've been for the past 10 years. They seriously need a refresh and selling an aging Kane (and Son tbh) would go a long way to funding that

The issue being that they’d have to replace Kane with someone who hits the ground running and can contribute nearly as many goals as him (I’m presuming Maddison will contribute obviously, and the manager will get more from Son/Kulu). Without Kanes goals last year, Spurs would be well down the table.

I really hope they keep Kane and he leaves on a free next season. While he’s obviously world class he doesn’t fit in with Angie’s high-intensity, high-pressing play style (AP sets teams up similar to Howe’s Newcastle). That’ll mean they won’t be able to do exactly what their coach wants them to do tactically, as Kane is undroppable for them.

Also means Levy’s stubbornness has fucked them over financially and they have to replace Kane with money from their own coffers.

12 minutes ago, Manxst said:

The issue being that they’d have to replace Kane with someone who hits the ground running and can contribute nearly as many goals as him (I’m presuming Maddison will contribute obviously, and the manager will get more from Son/Kulu). Without Kanes goals last year, Spurs would be well down the table.

That's true but it's not dissimilar to their overreliance on Bale before they sold him. The money that they sold him for (and Modric the previous season) kickstarted a spending spree that ended up with them landing on Dembele, Lloris, Vertongen, Alderweireld, Eriksen, Alli, Trippier, Son with plenty of room for signing some absolute duds as well. 

I dunno, maybe they don't need to sell Kane to do that and they just need to sort their recruitment out regardless, but £80m for a 31 year old is a lot like. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

19 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I suppose the caveat might be that for £80 million these days wouldn't get you as far in terms of replenishing that squad

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

That's true but it's not dissimilar to their overreliance on Bale when they sold him. With the money that they sold him (and Modric the previous season), it kickstarted a spending spree that ended up with them landing on Dembele, Lloris, Vertongen, Alderweireld, Eriksen, Alli, Trippier, Son with plenty of room for signing some absolute duds as well. 

I dunno, maybe they don't need to sell Kane to do that and they just need to sort their recruitment out regardless, but £80m for a 31 year old is a lot like. 

It would be a massive overpay by Bayern imo.