Other clubs' transfers

Greg

14 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Still think Chelsea will be a bit of a mess even with Pochettino?

No my bad ?? Stick them in the mix for sure. Was just working down the league from last season ?

37 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Although I’m not a massive fan of Rice as some on here especially at the figures quoted I think Havertz might surprise a few this year.

Either way I think it’s going to be a fascinating battle between Man City Arsenal Man Utd Liverpool Brighton Villa Spurs and us in 23/24.

Yeah, Havertz could potentially be special and Arteta clearly thinks he can get it out of him.

For the other point, think Man City are too good for anyone else but everything after them is super interesting. You forgot Chelsea too, so crowded at the top end of the table.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Yeah, Havertz could potentially be special and Arteta clearly thinks he can get it out of him.

For the other point, think Man City are too good for anyone else but everything after them is super interesting. You forgot Chelsea too, so crowded at the top end of the table.

I did forget Chelsea (see above) ?? Actually added Man City out of courtesy but was just going to leave them out as they look good to go again despite reaching their Everest which is my only slight doubt. Probably try for the quad now ?

If they are playing Havertz in GX role it could be very interesting season for him.

47 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Although I’m not a massive fan of Rice as some on here especially at the figures quoted I think Havertz might surprise a few this year.

Either way I think it’s going to be a fascinating battle between Man City Arsenal Man Utd Liverpool Brighton Villa Spurs and us in 23/24.

I was watching some of his clips at Leverkusen back and I think he might be used in the role Xhaka played this past season, if so, I think he'll score a lot of goals arriving in the box from attacking midfield. He was brilliant at it for Leverkusen.

3 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Hope West Ham spend it well.

I think they will tbf. Think they'll get 3-4 good £25-40m bracket players like Harrison, Barnes, Ward-Prowse, McTominay...not top bracket but who together would all improve them. Get a striker in as well and they'll push top 8 again. Been saying Spurs should get Mitrovic but West Ham should definitely go all in for him. Even if it's £40-50m, he'd get them 12-15 goals with that lot plus Bowen and Paqueta around him. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I think they will tbf. Think they'll get 3-4 good £25-40m bracket players like Harrison, Barnes, Ward-Prowse, McTominay...not too bracket but who together would all improve them. Get a striker in as well and they'll push top 8 again. Been saying Spurs should get Mitrovic but West Ham should definitely go all in for him. Even if it's £40-50m, he'd get them 12-15 goals with that lot plus Bowen and Paqueta around him. 

West Ham should not try and sign a striker. They've spent shit loads on strikers and they never work out. Haller, Scammacca to name 2

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think they will tbf. Think they'll get 3-4 good £25-40m bracket players like Harrison, Barnes, Ward-Prowse, McTominay...not top bracket but who together would all improve them. Get a striker in as well and they'll push top 8 again. Been saying Spurs should get Mitrovic but West Ham should definitely go all in for him. Even if it's £40-50m, he'd get them 12-15 goals with that lot plus Bowen and Paqueta around him. 

They’ll need to be careful, losing an elite player and signing a load of fillers on what would no doubt be high wages is a recipe for disaster. 

They’d be better off signing one or two high class players that can properly replace him 

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

How come Arsenal don’t have to worry about FFP?

Haven’t we answered these types questions on this board like 100 times? :lol: 

Arsenal has no worries. Neither does Chelsea. Who else? Man City. Liverpool. Man U.

All of this has absolutely nothing to do with us. And I’m so fucking happy we’re doing our own thing. It’s been awesome. 

Edited by cubaricho

45 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

West Ham should not try and sign a striker. They've spent shit loads on strikers and they never work out. Haller, Scammacca to name 2

I’m sure they’ve signed north of 50 strikers under the current ownership :lol:

About 4 of them have been any good

1 hour ago, simonsays said:

Ah yes, what an amazing job, to meet West Ham's asking price and still not have their offer accepted.  Bravo!

Exactly :lol: such self-aggrandising pish, they are getting royally bent over for someone not worth anywhere near that money. Then paying £300k+/week. Good business isn't just getting what you want at all costs, if anything it is narrow-minded and stubborn. They literally have no backup option and have telegraphed that to West Ham constantly.

Without looking into the details I am a little surprised at how unrestricted Arsenal’s spending is. I’m sure they were making big losses year after year during their time out of the CL.

3 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Without looking into the details I am a little surprised at how unrestricted Arsenal’s spending is. I’m sure they were making big losses year after year during their time out of the CL.

A lot of it has been hived off as Covid losses.