Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

Good fucking god.

And never in a million years would that be called out for the such utter bollocks it is. Fuck me.

Edited by toon25

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

If it's true I'm a bit surprised that Kane would trade becoming the all time PL-scorer in favour of a few Bundesligas with Bayern Munich. It's hardly that much of an achievement; they've won 16 out of the last 22 leagues and cups in Germany, including 11 titles on the bounce, the majority of which at a canter. 

More of a stab at the Champions League, I suppose. 

What’s to say he can’t do both? Go abroad for a few years then come back and break the record too.

It's also the notion that treble-winning Man City, with arguably one of the most professional set-ups in modern football today, would have their manager pick up the blower stick in a multi-million pound bid for a player he doesn't want to help out the team that finished just beneath them in the league [emoji38]

Just now, Viewfromtheafternoon said:

What’s to say he can’t do both? Go abroad for a few years then come back and break the record too.

Aye I wouldn't be surprised if there's a saving face plan here. Lob him to Bayern, tries to win the CL for a year or two, back to England and signs for a rival, but Levy can hold his nonexistent chin up high saying he didn't sell to a "rival".

2 minutes ago, Viewfromtheafternoon said:

And he’s not winning anything here either, unless he goes to City. 

7 minutes ago, Viewfromtheafternoon said:

If it means that much to him, you’d think he’d want to get it done as soon as he can and whilst he’s still relatively young and fit. He might not get the chance to come back to the PL if he suffers a bad injury etc out there- the chance diminishes the longer he’s away from the league. 

edit- obviously it’s all ifs, buts and maybes though! 

Edited by Manxst

5 hours ago, Magpie said:

Real Madrid apparently ready to accept a €90m offer from Liverpool for Valverde

I will be very surprised if that is true. All the reliable journos are saying our targets are Thuram or Kone or someone in that price range and if the money stretches, maybe a central defender who can play right full-back. 

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

All of a sudden Tonali seems reasonably priced.

Exactly. £50m cheaper in fee and I’d imagine around £40m cheaper in wages over a 6 year period (based on being paid £260kpw as a guesstimate) and that’s without having a knock on effect of changing our wage structure which could’ve led to several players getting premature pay rises which would be massively expensive and an irreversible trend. Those thinking we were sniffing around for him need their head shaking ?

This is why the club are looking for players who they deem can be as good if not better when working under EH but aren’t as established. Forget the likes of Rice & Maddison. Trust the process.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

£170 million on Havertz and Rice, yikes.

Although I’m not a massive fan of Rice as some on here especially at the figures quoted I think Havertz might surprise a few this year.

Either way I think it’s going to be a fascinating battle between Man City Arsenal Man Utd Liverpool Brighton Villa Spurs and us in 23/24.

20 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Although I’m not a massive fan of Rice as some on here especially at the figures quoted I think Havertz might surprise a few this year.

Either way I think it’s going to be a fascinating battle between Man City Arsenal Man Utd Liverpool Brighton Villa Spurs and us in 23/24.

Still think Chelsea will be a bit of a mess even with Pochettino?