Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

When quizzed on the 20th deadline thing, he went on to then say we will try and work hard until the last day.

Seems he's conceded, and he's not going to be able to force demands with a guy who couldnt give two fucks about his reputation in the spotlight, he's dealing with an owner who just doesnt give a fuck what Rafa hints toward the press. Thats why he continues to let him down time and time again. Its getting fucking annoying how he's now getting away with this shit even with a decent reputable manager.

I almost get the feeling Ashley is actively trying to screw Benitez now. He doesn't like anyone going up against him and you wouldn't put it last Ashley to have someone lined up in the hope he can make life so difficult that Benitez resigns and has to pay up his contract. He's that much of a cunt.

You just have to hope there's enough of a chance of the takeover happening that's still keeping him here.

If the doesn't get some players he should walk the day after the window shuts and I hope the Ashley regime gets relegated to oblivion.

:thup:

...... and I hope we never again achieve promotion, if Ashley is still here beyond the Summer (in the event of a relegation).

Guest neesy111

Rafa won't quit on us through the season, but imo he'll be quitting straight after though and probably lining up a club to go to if the takeover fails.

Tbf, any manager (minus Pardew and carver) working for us now would deserve better than what our shit show of an owner and board are providing at the moment.  To think quite a few including me thought things were changing for the better...

Leaving Ritchie on was absolutely inexcusable. We were dying for Murphy to come on, and he blatantly settled for a point whilst Ritchie just slowed down every single bit of play we had in the most painful fashion.

Shite, complete wrong approach today.

We clearly needed Murphy second half. Making late subs is one thing, but only using 2 is another. Think the team he started with worked well but as usual he doesn't react with subs and sometimes it costs us. Maybe Murphy wouldn't have changed it, but Ritchie and Atsu were getting no joy second half.

His negative approach to home games is getting on my nerves tbh. Why Murphy wasn't brought on when we needed to win that game...

You can't, you're a shrill, what can he do with these players.........take your pick.

Sometimes he gets it wrong, today being one and he deserves stick imo. Doesn't mean we don't love him to bits.

With that GK and back four we can't afford to try and boss the game with the ball- they aren't good enough to play out, but bar Yedlin are all slow and liable to get caught out on the break.

I'm not a fan of our approach to these sorts of fixtures, but nonetheless we created some good chances in the first half. I think people forget how limited our team is. Rafa is doing a good job.

As long as we’re above 18th the man is working miracles. That team is fucking shite. Anyone who thinks this squad is good enough for the premier league is deluded. They are woeful man and a bunch of bottlers too who can’t handle playing in front of big crowds like SJP hence our god awful home form.

As long as we’re above 18th the man is working miracles. That team is f***ing s****. Anyone who thinks this squad is good enough for the premier league is deluded. They are woeful man and a bunch of bottlers too who can’t handle playing in front of big crowds like SJP hence our god awful home form.

It was good enough to bring Murphy on and have a go once we equalised like. They're bottom of the league, being so scared of our opponents is making us this bad.

As long as we’re above 18th the man is working miracles. That team is f***ing s****. Anyone who thinks this squad is good enough for the premier league is deluded. They are woeful man and a bunch of bottlers too who can’t handle playing in front of big crowds like SJP hence our god awful home form.

It was good enough to bring Murphy on and have a go once we equalised like. They're bottom of the league, being so scared of our opponents is making us this bad.

That is why I consider them a squad of cowards and bottlers though. Especially at home. Look at how afraid they are to go for the kill.

Away to the shitter teams they are fine. Great wins recently against West Ham, Stoke, and even the Swansea away game they showed guts to win the game.

But at SJP they just can’t help but bottle it.

Even last season we had too many bad home performances, but got away with it sometimes because the others teams were really bad.