Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Would another manager in our history have got this set of players to beat the set of players Man City had out tonight?

Anyone can beat a team once like. I think what’s more impressive is that we’ve played them four times the last two seasons and they’ve found it tough each time

We played well and caught Man City on an off day.  Another day we get beat.

Didn't think it was much different to how we've played recently.  Think the early goal helped us as it put city into 1st gear for the match.

as i said at the time rafa's tactics are spot on, it's down to the quality of player to execute them and take chances when they come along because you've got such a disparity between the quality of both teams

this time we took our chances when they came, other times we've not done and they have, it's always gonna be margins with rafa in these games

If we get one more on top of Almiron & Barreca, do you think this would be enough to convince Rafa to stay?

I’d be amazed the way this cunt treats him mind

If we get one more on top of Almiron & Barreca, do you think this would be enough to convince Rafa to stay?

Probably, but the Samaras deal breaking down might be the one which keeps the doubt lingering.

I would be surprised.

Rafa will be intelligent enough to realise that he'll start getting shafted again as soon as he puts pen to paper.

Guest reefatoon

Do press conferences for signings actually happen anymore? I can't remember the last time I saw one.

They seemed to come to a grinding halt when Ashley came in. Llambias and Charnley never sat down to these things. Saying that though not sure if any club does. It’s a poncey video now and that’s it.

Guest firetotheworks

I just mean in general, but you're right about them seeming to stop once Ashley came in regardless. I don't mind tbh, they're always awkward and a bit pointless.

if they extend rondon by a another year i can probably see him extending his contract a year to see how it goes myself

It depends on what other offers are on the table. Rafa could do a lot more with the current Leicester squad, but they don't have the big club feel that we do, even with our shitty owner. I think Rafa probably wants to hang on just in case Ashley decides to sell. No doubt in my mind he'd far rather stay here with anything like a reasonable budget.