Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

It'll take a lot to make him leave this summer IMO, even if he's done over again I think he'll see his contract out. He's not unsure about wanting to be here, he's unsure as to whether the club and owner share his optimism and positivity about NUFC's potential to improve.

He wants a project, and he has one. Needs the tools.

It'll take a lot to make him leave this summer IMO, even if he's done over again I think he'll see his contract out. He's not unsure about wanting to be here, he's unsure as to whether the club and owner share his optimism and positivity about NUFC's potential to improve.

He'll definitely stay at least a year even just to see if the takeover does happen at some point.

The shite thing is that any decent owner would surely want to use Rafa's energy and passion for the good of the club and its future.

Ashley's much more likely to exploit it to justify lack of investment once again. So fucking frustrating.

The shite thing is that any decent owner would surely want to use Rafa's energy and passion for the good of the club and its future.

Ashley's much more likely to exploit it to justify lack of investment once again. So fucking frustrating.

:sadnod:

Spot on!

Anyone able to give a quick summary for those of us trapped outside the UK?

Just typical sweet talking Rafa.

Players lacked PL experience but are learning.

The team has been brilliant since January, credit to the squad + Dubravka and Kenedy for getting us safe with 5 games left.

Wants to compete higher than 12th.

Wants to win trophies (realistically it'll be the FA or League cup) and get into Europe.

Appreciates he's compared to Keegan and Sir Bobby by fans and media but doesn't believe he's done enough yet.

Rafa is going to be your manager next season. Rafa is not a coward. If he reaches a point where he is genuinely unhappy with the owner, you will know. There will not be any ambiguity in his statement. He had no issues going against Gillette and Hicks, Valencia owners, and Inter owner in the media. If he doesn't see a future with Ashley at Newcastle, he would have no problem calling out Ashley and his cronies in a press conference in a very direct manner by now.

Rafa is going to be your manager next season. Rafa is not a coward. If he reaches a point where he is genuinely unhappy with the owner, you will know. There will not be any ambiguity in his statement. He had no issues going against Gillette and Hicks, Valencia owners, and Inter owner in the media. If he doesn't see a future with Ashley at Newcastle, he would have no problem calling out Ashley and his cronies in a press conference in a very direct manner by now.

This is why I feel that the takeover is likely still on. If Ashley has told him he has money to spend in the summer, Rafa won't believe a word considering the absolute sham of the last 3 transfer windows where he's been openly lied to. He expressed his annoyance last Jan when we failed with McCarthy and Townsend, went quite ballistic in the summer after missing out on his key targets, then this Jan he was totally chilled about the whole thing.

If it wasn't going ahead, I don't see why he wouldn't use his platform and standing with the fans when we were confirmed as safe to openly say "If I don't get the backing, I'm off".

Didn't seem in the best of moods in his presser yesterday. Didn't want to talk about his future, at all.

knows there is no ambition in the ownership of the club.

Didn't seem in the best of moods in his presser yesterday. Didn't want to talk about his future, at all.

Just watched it he seems fine. Sounds like he has a bit of cold but just says no news, talks are ongoing and ends with a cheeky smile.