Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

It isn't even about the budget with Rafa. It's about trust, communicating and ambition. He might be 'allowed' £100m to spend, but if the deal-makers aren't singing from the same hymn sheet as him - or are just incompetent - it all falls apart.

Incompetence is the big danger for me. Even if Rafa identifies targets within budget, who’s to say Charnley and all are capable of getting it done? The amount of the budget is distant second to that.

Capability and also flexibility. Their insistence on sticking to these tat shop  market stall bullshit methods is what breaks the trust and progress every time. They also plug the same line with no attempt at changing either. It's a dour as fuck mindset but that's where you have to be to avoid getting yourself worked up about it.

:lol: What did he say last year? Was it similar?

There was an article posted on here earlier referring to two years work rather than just this season and I lost my shit.

It could be read either way, but I took it as an end of season message. Maybe he's trying to rile the supporters up to let Ashley know what we all think about the situation with an ambiguous message?

I think it'll be around £50m plus whatever he makes in sales.

Which makes it about £80m. Perfectly good enough amount for Rafa to work with, as long as he has control.

That would buy one player for one of the top clubs just to put it in perspective. Not if wages were included though.