Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

More of a question is why Rafa would sign it.

He doesn't need to sign anything, he's made it perfectly clear he only wants to stay if we have some sort of ambition. If he's not given those assurances then he'll either leave this summer or next with his head held high. He can go anywhere in the world to do a great job, and he'll leave here with his reputation enhanced.

Have I missed something that's lead to these recent posts of pending doom?

No. :lol:

He basically said that things are ongoing. The quotes look way more downbeat than the way he delivered them, imo.

No. :lol:

He basically said that things are ongoing. The quotes look way more downbeat than the way he delivered them, imo.

Rafa was very upbeat while the Staveley talks were ongoing and that didn't end well.

It's Groundhog Day as far as I'm concerned.

Gimp got it spot on:

Anybpdy that has shown ambition at newcastle has been pushed out of the door. 

We know he won't be backed as much as he wants, that's a given. But I guess he's prepared for that by now, the question is whether the point of balance will be at a place that allows him to stay or forces him to leave.

It's pretty hard to say at the moment, with the amount of time we've had from safety to the start of next season it's just about possible he might be able to put together a squad he's sufficiently 'happy' with.

Interesting TF pod with Caulkin this week.

around 18:00

It's difficult to know what the club is thinking, but I think they'll be saying 'If you don't sign, we're gona struggle to sign players this summer, it'll be more difficult to sign players' ... When I say 'I think they'll be saying that', they are saying that

Mike Ashley all over.  Sign a contract or we're going to fuck you over again :lol:

They'll happily lose him and let us go to shit again rather than be backed into a corner.

Just Rafa's own recent statements making it clear he didn't come here just to finish 10th. He's saying that he wants assurances to the club's ambition basically. Up to you whether you think Ashley will be able to offer him enough money to make that a reality. Personally I doubt it, by the time Ashley releases a decent wedge of money, player values have usually doubled.

Any listeners to Radio Newcastle's phone in will know Albert from Wooler. The regular person who interviews Rafa before each match was unavailable so the radio asked Albert to do it. Here's a clip of him:

https://www.facebook.com/bbcnewcastle/videos/10155625479041279/

Rafa is such a class act

Incorrect, he’s an evil foreign man who learned to drive on the WRONG side of the road.

Any listeners to Radio Newcastle's phone in will know Albert from Wooler. The regular person who interviews Rafa before each match was unavailable so the radio asked Albert to do it. Here's a clip of him:

Rafa is such a class act

:lol: Love Albert.

"Jern, d'yer nur why Pardew's nurt playin' Sylvan Marvurr?"

Rafa is such a class act

I was listening when they asked him, he wasn’t sure if it was wind up at first. I hope he asked a few more questions mind.

Rafa is such a class act

:lol: Love Albert.

"Jern, d'yer nur why Pardew's nurt playin' Sylvan Marvurr?"

that Paul from Sunderland should carry a health warning. :lol:

Rafa is such a class act

Love this, any idea when we can listen to the full thing?

They said they were going to put it on soon after on the iplayer. The full thing was on about 6:10pm so you can rewind a bit on this https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_newcastle 

Or could just wait until the proper version comes out

They're also after Pellegrini as well. Need to make their fucking minds up. £18m for Lascelles. :lol:

There's a piece in the Daily Fail btw, with a very clickbaity headline of "RAFA FUTURE IN THE BALANCE ERMAGERD". Just regurgitates what we all already know: it's all in that fat cockney cunt controller's hands. Only relatively new snippet of info out of it was Rafa gave Charnley plans to improve the training ground and academy but that hasn't been bothered with and he's/they've just left it after it was given to him.

Aye, just been reading the Pellegrini stuff now. Apparently some west ham source tweeted that Rafa is their number 1 target and he's already in talks. It would be plausible if he had 1 month left of his contract, not 1 year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5719385/amp/Newcastle-boss-Rafa-Benitez-targets-control-transfer-funds-spent.html?__twitter_impression=true

'It's like a train and you have the engine and the carriages,' said Benitez. 'You can sort marketing, commercial, the academy, but if you don't have power here, at the front, the train doesn't go.

'You need power and then you can pull whatever you want. You have to put the priority (on the engine) and after the other carriages will follow.”