Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Was just about to post that and say how much I love hearing stuff like that. Compare that to the slimey snake cunt.

Exactly. "Newcarsoo can't compete with the likes of Southampton". Amazing we put up with shit like that for so long when periods like this show what the club could be capable of.

IF we get sold and Rafa gets backed 100% then I'm absolutely certain that he wont be spraying money left right and centre (if given a lot) for the sake of it, or trying to buy big name players to get fans excited and all that. Feels so good having so much trust in the manager, knowing that he wont be signing players who don't even want to be here, or players with a lack of hunger or bad characters. He will do his detailed background checks and make sure he's done all he can to get the right player for this team and club. Sometimes he'll get it wrong, like any other manager, but I can't think of a better man doing the right stuff for us atm, and hopefully it will continue for a long time. f***ing class having someone like him :thup:

Nah he will, he's not gonna turn down money if it's available. That would be psychotic, he won't buy players for the sake of it though obviously. But i think that's the case for most top managers tbh.

Didn't say that though ;) Not sure why you said this despite noticing that i wrote "for the sake of it" in the same sentence :lol: Having said that, it's obvious he'd buy quality, but not just for the name.

Iffy with the train analogy like. :lol:

I was laughing reading it. :lol:

Honestly this bloke is unreal, he has made me fall in love with NUFC and football all over again. Seriously hope he gets the backing he deserves IF we get taken over.

He just fucking gets it, doesn't he?

Worst case scenario we don't get taken over and he's only here til the end of season it's been so fucking refreshing hearing someone speak positively of the club never mind it's one of the better managers of my lifetime. The absolute antihisesis of some fucking fraudulent arsehole gasping for his pay packet without another care in the world. Yes, he took us down etc but fuck me I'm so pleased I wasn't careful what I wished for.

(Looking forward to Townsend 0-1 the morra)

There's so much on the line with this takeover. Because IF it happens, oh man, great things could happen. Things we've had to watch happen elsewhere with jealous glances for 10 years and now it's our turn. All overseen by Rafa Benitez.

Damn, I promised myself not to get like this so soon :lol:

He just f***ing gets it, doesn't he?

Reading between the lines given everything Rafa has said since the last miserable transfer window closed, wouldn't be surprised if one of the reasons behind Ashley's desire to sell is Rafa eventually getting through to him exactly what is needed (financially) to build a sustainable PL side that isn't going to be dragged into a relegation battle every other year. Can imagine Rafa to be the type of footballing nerd who'd actually back things up with stats, costed projections, research, etc.

He's far too happy in that press conference, like. Was after the Liverpool and Southampton games as well. He knows something... :love:

2:20 he says "obviously I have an opinion, obviously I have some information, obviously I have some ideas, but ...[reverts to football only talk]". He knows what is going on.

we are SO lucky to have him as manager. unbelievable.

he is the clubs biggest asset right now. whatever happens with this latest talkover talk (i still have doubts about how serious ashley is about selling) - i hope benitez waits as it is only a matter of time until he ashley does eventually leave in the next few years, its just a waiting game.