Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

We looked clueless for the first 10 games?

2-1 to Spurs (4th)

2-1 to Chelsea (3rd)

2-1 to Man City (1st)

2-1 to Arsenal (5th)

3-2 to Man United (8th)

We've now played 7 of the current top 8 by the way, and there are only 5 teams who have a better defence than us. Clueless? Yep, that's you.

Did we actually look clueless in those games?

i just don't know why you'd try to actively diminish the achievement in what he is doing; let's take wages/fees aside then he's actively undermined at every turn, 2 *massive* examples

asked for players in early in the summer to get prepped - barely got any and the ones he did get came really late, f***ed the start of the season

has been asking to improve training and medical facilities for 3 years - afaik has got nada yet we're probably as good on injuries as i can remember in my entire life and the players are improving week on week still

that's to say nothing of the massive dint in morale ashley's actions made on the players themselves clearly, both in their own bonus issue and the fact they knew he'd undermined everyone and gone against everything he said he would do in support of the manager

he's doing a f***ing ridiculous job, it doesn matter that cardiff are s**** and fulham have imploded man...the fact he's keeping us afloat all on his own while ashley has his hands tied behind his back and wearing concrete boots should be seen for what it is

It obviously does matter how other teams are doing. Winning 2 games out of 12(and losing in the cup to a championship team) is not a ridiculously good job no matter what the team was or what is happening in the background. He did a brilliant job last season and I’m confident by the end of the season we’ll be very comfortable again but he has not done a brilliant job so far this season.

Exactly this, it seems like hes doing a cracking job in turning around our fortunes at the moment but everything good doesn't automatically negate how clueless we looked for the first 10 games, abysmal performances not just unlucky ones, he could and should have done better, I just don't get how people can be so blinkered that they can give him all the praise in the world for winning 2 games in a row but not acknowledge he had a very poor start to the season with no wins in 11 including the cup.

It's ok to point to lack of investment which is of course valid, but surely the last two games if anything has shown the type of football we are capable of WITH the players we HAVE.

The players we have are not the players we have always had. Schar, Ki, Rondon, Muto and even Fernandez have been finding their feet. Things are starting to look like they might come together.

The PFMs alot of our fans and some pundits in the media want here would have panicked a month or two ago and started chopping and changing formation/lineups/playstyles in a desperate bid to get the critics off their back and save their own skins.

Rafa is far too good/classy to succumb to shit like that.

The PFMs alot of our fans and some pundits in the media want here would have panicked a month or two ago and started chopping and changing formation/lineups/playstyles in a desperate bid to get the critics off their back and save their own skins.

Rafa is far too good/classy to succumb to shit like that.

Changing this is exactly whats made us better though.

The only game we’ve been nowhere near getting a positive result has been Leicester.

100% this. The slim margin what-if meter was off the charts versus the likes of Spurs (1-3 pts), Chelsea (1 pt) and Man Utd (1-3 pts). Potentially 3 -7 pts. Not even counting the Cardiff match as well.

So that's 12 pts (13th) to 16 pts (11th) excluding Cardiff or 14 pts (12th) to 18 pts (10th) in terms of place in the table. Currently sat at 14th place. (FFS PL :lol:)

That was grim to the point it sent a shiver down my spine. :lol:

I pray to God that's tongue in cheek.

It has to be in reply to this embarrassment which I Hope was done by a red and whiter! If one of ours did it then he needs dipped in shit!

It has to be in reply to this embarrassment which I Hope was done by a red and whiter! If one of ours did it then he needs dipped in shit!

FFS "Save me a bottle of brown up there". Plus Monty's random appearance. :lol: :lol: :lol:

FFS "Save me a bottle of brown up there". Plus Monty's random appearance. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The one in the replies with Rafa's head as the head of the Angel of the North :lol:

The one in the replies with Rafa's head as the head of the Angel of the North :lol:

My favourite is Rafa as the horsepuncher and Ashley as the horse  :lol: