Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Remember when we had a manager who knew player's bodies and who we suffered limited injuries under?!

The comparisons must be ridiculous compared to now!

And who never brought players back too early for them to break down again e.g Lejeune, ASM etc.

Remember when we had a manager who knew player's bodies and who we suffered limited injuries under?!

The comparisons must be ridiculous compared to now!

And who never brought players back too early for them to break down again e.g Lejeune, ASM etc.

Oh aye! Dummett the most recent! Two starts in three days = comes off injured!

• 2 weeks later...

he'd be a glutton for punishment if he did. Couldn't salvage McClaren's efforts and I doubt he'd be able to with Bruce's either. I don't think the knives would be necessarily out though; they weren't the first time around and it would be a tall order for anyone in the world regardless.

also why come back to feast on a turd pancake a second time? If he's truly wanted then he'll wait for the summer and see if we stay up.

he'd be a glutton for punishment if he did. Couldn't salvage McClaren's efforts and I doubt he'd be able to with Bruce's either. I don't think the knives would be necessarily out though; they weren't the first time around and it would be a tall order for anyone in the world regardless.

also why come back to feast on a turd pancake a second time? If he's truly wanted then he'll wait for the summer and see if we stay up.

That seems to insinuate he's a bit cowardly though which couldn't be further from the truth. More an honourable man who wants the best for this club. He absolutely wouldn't wait for the summer and just leave the club to it's fate.

Not willingly walking into almost certain relegation a second time isn't cowardice, I don't know how you got to that conclusion. I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to spend another season in the championship for a second time.

Guest reefatoon

Meh, I prefer my managers to just stand perfectly still, hands in pockets, licking the fuck out of their face with a glazed over look.

Not willingly walking into almost certain relegation a second time isn't cowardice, I don't know how you got to that conclusion. I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to spend another season in the championship for a second time.

Aye, he owes us absolutely nowt.

You just know if the takeover happened and he came in and couldn’t save us, that baldy rat Edwards would be going out of his way to blame Rafa.

The bloke who has defended Doubtfire for 2 years. I actually hate the cunt as much as I hate Bruce.

If all the things around ownership and funds are in place, Rafa would be here in a shot. Relegated, League One all irrelevant imo.

He wants a project and we're it if we've been bought out properly.

100% this!

If all the things around ownership and funds are in place, Rafa would be here in a shot. Relegated, League One all irrelevant imo.

He wants a project and we're it if we've been bought out properly.

Yep.

Yeah - even if we were related and the takeover goes through, rafa would be here in a shot.

Relegation woould be a chance to get the coaching set up in place, the training ground upgraded, a few signing bedded in ready for the return to the premier league.

January was the time to make a change. We needed personnel in and all we got was Willock. He’d be on a hiding to nothing if he came back to this mess.

This team without Wilson does not have goals in it, even just from his overall play and making space for others. Without him it doesn’t work.