Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

23 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Do like to hear about random spottings like. I remember the summer we went down, spotted the great man randomly standing outside of a car with one of his coaches (all kitted up in his shorts too) just off the coast road at Wallsend roundabout. Had my daughter in the car too, and said look it's Rafa! I slowed down so she could give him a massive wave. He smiled and waved right back at her. Made her day it did (and mine). Was such a random place to see him like. It was actually the day we signed Diame and clark, so wonder if they were meeting up with them to take them up to the training ground maye as it isn't far. Doubt he had a flat above the chippy.

Anyone else got a spotting story of the main man?

Great tale, this.  Rafa waiting to introduce Diame to his new rental accommodation on Strawberry Gardens.

Guest reefatoon
6 minutes ago, deejeck said:

Great tale, this.  Rafa waiting to introduce Diame to his new rental accommodation on Strawberry Gardens.

Think Diame was more of a Chicken Road man

59 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Do like to hear about random spottings like. I remember the summer we went down, spotted the great man randomly standing outside of a car with one of his coaches (all kitted up in his shorts too) just off the coast road at Wallsend roundabout. Had my daughter in the car too, and said look it's Rafa! I slowed down so she could give him a massive wave. He smiled and waved right back at her. Made her day it did (and mine). Was such a random place to see him like. It was actually the day we signed Diame and Clark, so wonder if they were meeting up with them to take them up to the training ground maybe as it isn't far. Doubt he had a flat above the chippy.

:weep: :smitten:

4 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Do like to hear about random spottings like. I remember the summer we went down, spotted the great man randomly standing outside of a car with one of his coaches (all kitted up in his shorts too) just off the coast road at Wallsend roundabout. Had my daughter in the car too, and said look it's Rafa! I slowed down so she could give him a massive wave. He smiled and waved right back at her. Made her day it did (and mine). Was such a random place to see him like. It was actually the day we signed Diame and Clark, so wonder if they were meeting up with them to take them up to the training ground maybe as it isn't far. Doubt he had a flat above the chippy.

Saw him along the top of Jesmond Dene with Fabio Pecchia after the Verona friendly just before the Premier League return season. I was with my lad and we'd been to the game the previous day, and told my son to go and say hello. We followed them for a bit and (they were talking about football naturally) and I introduced myself and Thomas. They were both great and spoke to my lad and asked him about his own football and things like who his favourite player was (think he said Atsu at the time). Absolute gentleman, I vowed I'd never go back under Ashley but bought season tickets for the pair of us the next day after meeting him. He's not perfect but would absolutely love him back here.

Edited by UncleBingo

5 hours ago, Lazarus said:

:lol: Rough as fuck there

Yeah, been dodgy as long as I can remember. Think there was also a big boned kid lived there who made worldwide news because his mother overfed him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Right that's it, with all these takeover rumours today and the Everton fans self destruction of their club through spite I'm off in the loft to get my Rafa suit, it's only a matter of time now.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Good article in The Athletic about Rafa today, absolutely gutting to think we're back to Bacon next week :anguish:

Aye. If he was back here, I couldn't imagine my excitement and interest for the players' first day back from the summer break. I imagine he already has a plan in place and ready to go. Heck, he was already spending the day at Everton's training ground on his first day there, probably putting his arrangements out to the club staff.

Meanwhile on Monday, Bruce will make the players clear out and clean up the barn behind the our training shelter and make them pull out the wheelie bin for their ice baths. Bet someone will have to go to out and buy some ice cubes for the bin and also a kebab takeaway for the gaffer too.

Edited by nufcjb

Guest HTT II
18 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Aye. If he was back here, I couldn't imagine my excitement and interest for the players' first day back from the summer break. I imagine he already has a plan in place and ready to go. Heck, he was already spending the day at Everton's training ground on his first day there, probably putting his arrangements out to the club staff.

Meanwhile on Monday, Bruce will make the players clear out and clean up the barn behind the our training shelter and make them pull out the wheelie bin for their ice baths. Bet someone will have to go to out and buy some ice cubes for the bin and also a kebab takeaway for the gaffer too.

We’ve stopped using ice cubes, they were too expensive, it’s just plain old cold council tap water these days.

18 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Who do we reckon he might come back and get from us? Schar? Dubs? Or Ayoze from Leicester?

None of them. He doesn’t need to. He’ll be backed to find some players at the right level, not bargains.

29 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

None of them. He doesn’t need to. He’ll be backed to find some players at the right level, not bargains.

I dunno, Ayoze might be a decent bet. He hasn't established himself in the first XI at Leicester and might be available at a decent price. Rafa was a big fan, and is always down to sign a Spaniard or seven...

Reason I asked was although he'll have the backing, he'd be intelligent to spend it wisely as the fans will get on his back if his signings turns out shit. Thus, might get some tried and trusted personnel in. Managers tend to do that.

Did Manquillo play under him at Liverpool?

3 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Who do we reckon he might come back and get from us? Schar? Dubs? Or Ayoze from Leicester?

Will actually be quite interesting to see how his signings go for Everton considering he's taken a fair bit of criticism at his clubs for some of his recruitment. With Rafa though it's usually about the system rather than the individuals, so the Everton fans will have to show some patience. Although I can imagine he'll fancy his chances working with the likes of Calvin-Lewin and Richarlison.