Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 24/09/17 (post-match from p25)

Rich

Guest firetotheworks

Grew into it, which seems to be our thing away from home. Joselu should have scored mind, not a sitter, but the sort of chance you'd expect a premier league striker to take.

I know this isn't going to be popular but I'd have Mitro ahead of Joselu.

Bit hard when he's suspended :lol:

But in any case he's not offering anything Joselu isn't.

Well yeah, when he's available obvs  :lol:

He scored a few this season before he got suspended.

A little nervy for a bit but they may be running out of ideas and we are building into it. Fine with things. Rafa will get them organized and lets nick a goal. Hope its Joselu cause Im worried all these misses are gonna begin to fester.

Very solid last 15 minutes, starting to exert control and pass it around well. Would just like to see us service Joselu a bit more in the air, that's where his strength is and we've passed up a good few crossing positions.

Merino is different gravy.

Pretty much how I thought we’d play in truth. We seem to sit back and let them tire themselves out. Little too nervous in back when chances had been created (the box scrambling). We’ve been close few times. We really need Joselu (Mitro when he returns) to start banging in one of these half chances.

Agree on Merino. So smooth and intelligent.

I know this isn't going to be popular but I'd have Mitro ahead of Joselu.

I was saying that after the last game, the guy is costing us, he's missed four simple chances now, he was fortunate Lascelles bailed him out in the last game. Mitro does just as much if not more in the build up/ link play and is a better finisher.

Decent half, we've actually played some lovely pass and move stuff in the final third.

Just not enough quality in Perez and Joselu for us to be a real threat going forward, but it's lovely to see us play as a real team.

A little nervy for a bit but they may be running out of ideas and we are building into it. Fine with things. Rafa will get them organized and lets nick a goal. Hope its Joselu cause Im worried all these misses are gonna begin to fester.

Was thinking that for most of the half, that he'd be looking forward to getting them in at HT and do something about the fact they appear to be breaking on us all the time. Something organisational needs sorting a bit.

Hayden has been disappointing. Poor on the ball and seemingly always running after someone who’s gone in behind him.

Not sure Shelvey will solve this but I’d like to see him play today if it’s still 0-0 with 20 minutes to go.

Aye I'd like to see Shelvey on at some stage

Was thinking that for most of the half, that he'd be looking forward to getting them in at HT and do something about the fact they appear to be breaking on us all the time. Something organisational needs sorting a bit.

I think Perez needs to drop in more when we don’t have the ball as there’s a gap with what looks like a morphed 4-4-2 with how Perez positions himself and Merino and Hayden are sat back so deep.

Been impressed with some of their passing and movement mind. Groß looks a good player. Both teams absolutely devoid of a final ball too.

Knockaert blocking the shot after clearly fouling and pushing M'bember over was some lovely schadenfreude.