Newcastle United vs. Liverpool - 01/10/17 @ 4.30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Loss incoming. We don't have the firepower to punish them even though they are leaking goals at the moment, and although we've defended ok recently, can't see us stopping them, they have goalscorers all over the pitch.

Loss incoming. We don't have the firepower to punish them even though they are leaking goals at the moment, and although we've defended ok recently, can't see us stopping them, they have goalscorers all over the pitch.

Based on what i have seen i'd argue you don't need much firepower to punish them tbf, a few corners should do it. :lol:

Not sure actually. Liverpool have struggled against the likes of Burnley, Palace and Watford so far this season. When afforded the ball and asked to break deeply-sat sides down, they can run out of ideas (although Coutinho's return will no doubt remedy this to an extent). I think we could nick a point.

Liverpool's last 2 wins here? 0-6 and 1-5. :lol:

They were the pits as well, we were actually somehow even worse than the scorelines suggest.

We do pick up the odd good result in this fixture though.

The 0-6 was genuinely one of the worst footballing performances I've seen at any level. So, so bad. That attempt at an offside trap, man. :lol:

And aye, think we can nick a point. We tend to do alright against them at SJP, it's at Anfield where we struggle. Anyhow, Rafa will sort it. Heard the GF have a massive display planned, be looking forward to that. My dad is planning on ringing in sick to work so he can go to this, hopefully he isn't hoping he was at work at 6:15pm on Sunday. :lol:

If we were coming off the back of a win vs Brighton I would be a lot more confident. Still possible to get something, I just think they'll have too much for us.

Coming of a win vs Brighton I'd prob feel the same tbh. "Due a slip up" etc. I think we'll do well versus Liverpool and it could end up being a 2-2 or 3-3 match - I think they are really going to trouble us with their attack and press but when we counter I think we'll cause them loads of problems with their crap back 4.

Isn't Joselu also capable of playing the #10? Hoy up Mitro and Joselu behind the mad b****** and bully the living s*** out of Liverpool's back line.

Don't see him offering anything Perez doesn't tbh, he'll work hard and link up play but in the end of the day like Perez not do enough quality wise. The only thing you could argue is he's more of a presence but i'm not sure that's enough.

Been saying this but there isn't really any alternatives with the current group, we just need to hope Rafa can get enough from them (i believe he can) and if by some stroke of magic Ashley sells the club.

Liverpool's last 2 wins here? 0-6 and 1-5. :lol:

They were the pits as well, we were actually somehow even worse than the scorelines suggest.

We do pick up the odd good result in this fixture though.

Seem to remember that Given was actually MOTM for that 1-5 match as well... then he put a transfer request in afterwards.  :(