Southampton vs. Newcastle United - 15/10/17 @ 4pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

It's a good opportunity to get a good result, which imo is a point or more. No reason why we can't win; we were poor at Huddersfield and Brighton and yet still should've at least drawn the games, maybe even won the former and both were without Shelvey, who is integral to how we play. The record at Southampton is irrelevant as far as I'm aware, yes it doesn't exactly breed confidence but this is a completely new game, just like it was when Rafa finally got us a win at home to Swansea in our last season in the PL when our record vs them was s****, a point vs Man City et cetera.

They've been poor but our impotent attack is a worry. A point will be a good result for me but I certainly won't be writing us off in regards to winning it.

Yeah they aren't the same force as they were when they had Pelle, Tadic (still there but not as good), Mane, Lallana etc running rings around us and we aren't being managed by Pardew or someone else complaining about DNA compared to Southampton's and thankfully no Colo for Long to play against.

Reckon we'll lose 1-0 still though

Yeah they aren't the same force as they were when they had Pelle, Tadic (still there but not as good), Mane, Lallana etc running rings around us and we aren't being managed by Pardew or someone else complaining about DNA compared to Southampton's and thankfully no Colo for Long to play against.

DNA was some other game, wasn't it? I thought Southampton was when he blamed education or the middle class or some shit :lol:

It's a tough one to call really. We need to perform better than we did in our last away game at Brighton. Southampton this season shouldn't scare anyone, but they are still a step up from the teams we've played away from home this season. Expecting a narrow loss but hoping we can put in the same performance and get the same result as we did against Swansea.

I wouldn't take a 0-0 at this point, like. It's definitely a bogey ground but as a standalone fixture I personally think it's got Rafa away victory all over it. They're not brimming with firepower. Neither are we, obviously, but we might be tighter.

DNA was some other game, wasn't it? I thought Southampton was when he blamed education or the middle class or some s*** :lol:

The quotes about good education and background were definitely Southampton.

Aye, I knew it was some daft excuse with Southampton. Pards used to love telling us how much he loved Lallana too right after they'd beaten us

Anyone been on a Southampton forum to see how many they'll put past us yet?

I bet if they do have a forum it'll be something really dull like Saints forum or Southampton onli............oops!