Southampton vs. Newcastle United - 15/10/17 @ 4pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

These are s****. Lost their last 3 home games in a row

Havent won in 5 either, losing 4 of em (I'm ignoring the win against Palace cause like f*** does that count)

3-0 win

That's us losing our next 2 games. :lol:

^ This. Everyone was slating us to lose to Liverpool and although we rode our luck at times, we weren't playing bad as when we were under cunts like Pardew, Carver and McClaren.

Saying that, we did lose to Brighton and Huddersfield when we were 'supposedly' on course for win according to some here. Would take a draw now, won't lose pathetically (hopefully) but not ruling out a win.

I'm amazed at all the 'usual defeat', 'always lose' posts like, we're a different team now.

2 of our defeats have been by 1 goal in game where we could have got a point out of despite playing poorly. The only game where we have lost by more than 1 goal was against Spurs after we went down to 10 men.

We are more than capable of giving Southampton a good game, and capable of beating them (they arn’t what they used to be). I think we’ll get point a though.

Our away form under Rafa is really good. Southamptons home form looks shit. One win (vs West Ham), one draw (vs Swansea) three losses which includes Wolverhampton in the cup.

We may lose, but to disregard the possibility that we may win is a bit silly :lol:

These are s****. Lost their last 3 home games in a row

Havent won in 5 either, losing 4 of em (I'm ignoring the win against Palace cause like f*** does that count)

3-0 win

That's us losing our next 2 games. :lol:

my 3-0 was a joke, Southampton not being great wasnt though. Honestly I don't think we'll lose. Whether we draw or win will depend on out striker, of course. Can't keep having Joselu fuck up every chance he gets. Terrible game and 0-0, I can see

Would happy with a point here, if we beat Palace the week after. 4 points from 2 games would be a good solid return.

Spot on. Would be very happy with that. 6 points would be amazing, but no way can exoect that. Both Southampton and Palace are in a rut but will turn a corner at some point.

Would take a point but dont see why we couldnt get all three here.

Best place a beer beforehand?

If you want atmosphere and not the greatest pint, then Yates. It's about a five minute walk up the hill from the train station on the right hand side. Then it's another 10-15 minutes or so to the ground from there. Gets a fair few home and away fans in and usually a fair few songs to get you in the mood.

Another good place if you want decent (+ cheap) food with a good/range of pints is 'The Spitfire' just across the road down 'Above Bar St'. There's another couple of bars on this road too with Sky Sports etc if that's what you're after.

Would take a point but dont see why we couldnt get all three here.

Best place a beer beforehand?

If you want atmosphere and not the greatest pint, then Yates. It's about a five minute walk up the hill from the train station on the right hand side. Then it's another 10-15 minutes or so to the ground from there. Gets a fair few home and away fans in and usually a fair few songs to get you in the mood.

Another good place if you want decent (+ cheap) food with a good/range of pints is 'The Spitfire' just across the road down 'Above Bar St'. There's another couple of bars on this road too with Sky Sports etc if that's what you're after.

:thup: Cheers

I'm amazed at all the 'usual defeat', 'always lose' posts like, we're a different team now.

Definitely with Rafa here. He's a game changer and can break historical trends with opposition for sure.

Pretty evenly matched teams I reckon, these are the sort of games we need to be picking up points if we want to stay clear of the relegation battle.

Anyone looking for a ticket I think some returns are on sale on the club site now.

I would be tempted if it wasn’t for work on Monday. Even if it had been an earlier KO on Sunday.

Theirs not even anything suitable showing up on Wingly.

Even when we had a brilliant team under Keegan and Robson (far better than the current team) it was just one of those places where we could never get a result at.  We've only scored 1 away goal in 3 games as well despite all those games being against teams that'll be down the bottom come the end of the season so I'm not really sure why people would have too much cause for optimism.

I expect a defeat and will be pleasantly surprised by any other outcome.