Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From a recent article in The Mag, but borrowed by them from elsewhere:

“When Mike Ashley purchased Newcastle United FC it was said to be a spur of the moment deal, done so not for business but to allow the billionaire to “have some fun”. At the time it was made out that the deal was literally carried out in a couple of days.

“The deal was put to me on a Saturday. By the Monday, in advance of speaking to Sir John, I’d deposited the equivalent of money we hoped he would accept for his shares at the lawyers and on the Tuesday the deal was effectively done.

By Wednesday (May 23, 2007) the announcement was public and that was the first anyone, including the media, knew about it. Once I was told about it, it was done very quickly. Sir John was ready to act if I was and it was a very straightforward process.”

If that is the case then why did Sports Direct register the domain name nufcdirect.com 6 months earlier?“

Seems to suggest this wasn’t as spur of the moment as we’d been led to believe.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/08/must-read-why-mike-ashley-bought-newcastle-united-and-why-he-wont-be-selling-reprised/

TBH our relegations have taught me that it doesn't matter too much what division your team is in, not compared to other things anyway.

I would much rather be a respectable club that competes in League 1 than a ghost of a PL club with Mike Ashley eating it away.

The fat mess could offer a quarter of million pounds for Rafa to spend and I would still hate his guts and want him out.

There is nothing he can do to appease, change opinion or gain any trust whatsoever, i just want him to fuck off back to cuntsville.

You mean a quarter of a billion pounds. Even Ashley is known to spend a quarter of million pounds (when he isn't looking to run a profit on transfers).

The fat mess could offer a quarter of million pounds for Rafa to spend and I would still hate his guts and want him out.

There is nothing he can do to appease, change opinion or gain any trust whatsoever, i just want him to fuck off back to cuntsville.

You mean a quarter of a billion pounds. Even Ashley is known to spend a quarter of million pounds (when he isn't looking to run a profit on transfers).

Nah I think I got right  :lol:

Yes billion ta  O0

The day this cunt sells  :sweetjesus:

Reckon I'll just full on wank in the street.

:lol:

was literally thinking about this today in my van, and imagined myself running down Northumberland street bollock naked cheering and singing.

“When Mike Ashley purchased Newcastle United FC it was said to be a spur of the moment deal, done so not for business but to allow the billionaire to “have some fun”. At the time it was made out that the deal was literally carried out in a couple of days.

“The deal was put to me on a Saturday. By the Monday, in advance of speaking to Sir John, I’d deposited the equivalent of money we hoped he would accept for his shares at the lawyers and on the Tuesday the deal was effectively done.

By Wednesday (May 23, 2007) the announcement was public and that was the first anyone, including the media, knew about it. Once I was told about it, it was done very quickly. Sir John was ready to act if I was and it was a very straightforward process.”

If that is the case then why did Sports Direct register the domain name nufcdirect.com 6 months earlier?“

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/08/must-read-why-mike-ashley-bought-newcastle-united-and-why-he-wont-be-selling-reprised/

Was Polygon, not Sports Direct, that registered nufcdirect.com

Is this guy barking up the wrong tree then? Poor fella definitely thinks he’s onto something!

Who are Polygon, and is he right that the domain was registered months before the club was sold?

Is this guy barking up the wrong tree then? Poor fella definitely thinks he’s onto something!

Who are Polygon, and is he right that the domain was registered months before the club was sold?

Seems they were part of a consortium who were looking to take over in Jan 2007, can't say I remember much about that though.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6229885.stm

Seems they were part of a consortium who were looking to take over in Jan 2007, can't say I remember much about that though.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6229885.stm

Where they the ones fronted by a ex Liverpool player and they were a Asian communications company or was that later they were interested?

Well, it isn’t just in the part I copied and pasted, he gives reasons in his article for believing it was in preparation for sports direct taking over the retailing for nufc.  Possibly just a coincidence, using ‘direct’ like that.

May be nothing in it, but it would support those writing a page or two back who said the buyout was planned for longer than the three days commonly stated by the owner.