Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When he kicks on your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

I cannot read this in any other way than one big euphemism.

When the law break in, how you gonna go, shot down on the pavement or living in death row

When he kicks on your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

I cannot read this in any other way than one big euphemism.

Bet you feel like Ivan

My feeling all along is that he's been engaging with more than one buyer. I can quite believe the Telegraph story tbh.

Unless I'm mistaken, an 'exclusivity' clause has never been mentioned in relation to PCP therefore they may even be aware of talks with other parties.

At some point soon, for the good of the club, Ashley needs to make a decision to either accept a number he obviously does not feel is giving him true value or end the process. We can't go into January with this uncertainty, if we do we may as well start planning for another season of purgatory down there, we need players pure and simple.

Even Ashley must see this, he can not have the stomach for another attempt to get back in the PL surely. I would say with the next 3 weeks, this must end otherwise champo here we come yet again.

Some intense bed-wetting going on in here today. :laugh:

You can infer takeover problems from Rafas presser.

You can read it a number of ways. He could be putting pressure on to get Ashley to accept. He could be burning all bridges with him knowing he's on his way out, or he could know that the takeover won't happen and he's putting pressure on Ashley to spend in January. However, he knows that tactic doesn't work, so I think it's unlikely.

I think he's just sick of waiting on Ashley, full stop.

Either way, we'll either be a club under Ashley managed by Gordon Strachan or a club under someone else managed by Rafa in January.

Just to speed up the process, perhaps someone should tell Staveley that Merino could realistically be worth what Kante went for, thirty something million. He's better than the two midfielders we got thirty and twenty-five million for not so long ago.

Would due diligence on a football club pick up on player values?

Some intense bed-wetting going on in here today. :laugh:

You can infer takeover problems from Rafas presser.

No you can't. He clearly doesn't give a shit what Ashley thinks so he speaks his mind. I don't think he's ever been afraid to put pressure on the board.

At some point soon, for the good of the club, Ashley needs to make a decision to either accept a number he obviously does not feel is giving him true value or end the process. We can't go into January with this uncertainty, if we do we may as well start planning for another season of purgatory down there, we need players pure and simple.

Even Ashley must see this, he can not have the stomach for another attempt to get back in the PL surely. I would say with the next 3 weeks, this must end otherwise champo here we come yet again.

Since when has Mike Ashley given a fuck about the wellbeing of anybody but Mike Ashley?

He doesn't give a fuck about this club and what it represents.

He'd take us down again if he thought the market to sell it would be better in 3 years time. Say he had a hunch that the TV money was going to be even more extreme with the likes of Amazon/facebook going for it, I think he'd happily hold off to that point.

For the good of himself we have to hope he can't risk another relegation and having the fans finally ditch the club like Sunderland have done.

That's not really looked like happening at any point over the last ten years and he's made shit decision after shit decision.

I honestly don't know what he'd have to do to get an empty ground tbqh.

And this is a huge part of the problem.

Since when has Mike Ashley given a f*** about the wellbeing of anybody but Mike Ashley?

He doesn't give a f*** about this club and what it represents.

He'd take us down again if he thought the market to sell it would be better in 3 years time. Say he had a hunch that the TV money was going to be even more extreme with the likes of Amazon/facebook going for it, I think he'd happily hold off to that point.

What's good for Ashley is not going through another relegation, he has no chance of that not happening if he hangs onto the club and doesn't invest. He's stupid but not stupid enough to see that. He wants out, I'm pretty sure of that, you got the sense that he was fed up with the whole thing in his propaganda speech with Sky at the start of the season. I honestly don't think he has the stomach for another relegation and fight to get back up. That said he's still stupid/stubborn enough to cut his nose off to spite his face, just to get an extra 10 million or so.

My feeling all along is that he's been engaging with more than one buyer. I can quite believe the Telegraph story tbh.

Unless I'm mistaken, an 'exclusivity' clause has never been mentioned in relation to PCP therefore they may even be aware of talks with other parties.

No exclusivity yet, you're not mistaken, as far as I've read. PCP wouldn't be upset if Ashley was talking to other groups too, it's absolutely normal business to do that.

No exclusivity yet, you're not mistaken, as far as I've read. PCP wouldn't be upset if Ashley was talking to other groups too, it's absolutely normal business to do that.

Yup. Wish this was over. Desperate for change.

Could be the biggest thing to happen to the club in a generation or more, hard not to get impatient for it.

:thup:.

As ridiculous as this probably sounds to many, I'd even take a negative change at this moment in time. Break the monotony, highly likely to be more susceptible to external pressures than Ashley and worst case of two steps back for one forward.

We're going nowhere fast with this shithouse.

Could be the biggest thing to happen to the club in a generation or more, hard not to get impatient for it.

:thup:.

As ridiculous as this probably sounds to many, I'd even take a negative change at this moment in time. Break the monotony, highly likely to be more susceptible to external pressures than Ashley and worst case of two steps back for one forward.

We're going nowhere fast with this shithouse.

Think it's really hard to have a negative chance from Ashley tbh. The bloke is a cancer on this football club and on it's fans which needs to be cut out.

In terms of the actual change, I believe it's PCP or no one.