Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

This was a post takeover meal, it’s done.

You heard anything HTT?

Nah, just wishful thinking on my behalf. I do really believe though that no-one knows anything other than the people that matters. You could read into so many things in so many different ways to reach some kind of idea or conclusion really. My own thoughts are that perhaps the negative spin from the media recently was nothing more than s*** stirring, that there has been no ultimatums or take it or leave it deals and that neither side has leaked anything. Basically talks are on going. The worry for me regarding this meal is that it does seem kind of staged managed and it wouldn’t surprise me if Bishop’s hands were all over it, if you want to talk a conspiracy that is. Hopefully it was a meal between seller and buyer to celebrate a successful deal and now it’s in the hands of the FA and Rafa will get some money in a January to keep us up.

I’m more confident than I was last week and do believe that the fat man genuinely wants to sell the club and sooner rather than later. But we all know he’s stubborn and can change his mind just as quickly and we could well be lumbered with him. The next month or so is going to be very interesting and could shape the next 125 years of the club in a huge way, adverse or otherwise. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

Ashley conducts his business in pubs and kebab shops if this was still in the hands of the suits I'd be worried about progress however the potential new owner has just bought him a curry........!! The deal is done.

Ashley reckons he wants £300mil and claims he has been offered £320mil by another party. If that is so what is he waiting for,  messing about and blowing £20 on a curry with Amanda

Unlikely tbh, unless the £320m was heavily claused and he's tryng to see if Amanda will beat it - though if he's looking for the highest amount regardless of clauses wasn't there already one put forward by Amanda previously? I think it's more likely he's just being a dick, as usual.

Since August I've always felt this was the end game of the Ashley era and through all the twists, turns and anxieties of the last two or three months I've not really subscribed to the idea the deal 'is in doubt' or Ashley is 'ready to walk away'. This week - and the face to face meeting - backed that up. Amanda Staveley's people were always confident a deal could be done and they're even more so now.

Few things:

- NO formal notification of the Premier League just yet of the need to go through fit & proper persons test (these can be done VERY quickly, whatever you've read)

- Spending in January could be on the basis that takeover is close. Either an informal or formal agreement to loan/advance cash or factor in price was mentioned to me back in November - could that have been on the menu over curry? Why not?

- Ashley works in unorthodox way. This week's 'curry summit' probably proves Staveley - who met Spirit of Shankly in a pub as she was in negotiations with Liverpool' - is cut from similar cloth. That's good for establishing trust that was damaged the other week. It also proves beyond all reasonable doubt - in my opinion - that she is interested and serious.

I think this deal will be done, I think they'll be a bit of money for Rafa in January (he needs it!) and I think this pretty wretched few months will give way to a period of possibility. BUT then a new phase starts: we know nothing of Staveley, her funding, intentions or the business plan. We need full disclosure if this happens, early engagement with supporters & proof of a new era. Is she really the much hailed heroine? I suspect it's good news but we just don't know at the moment. We just know she's not Ashley!

Since August I've always felt this was the end game of the Ashley era and through all the twists, turns and anxieties of the last two or three months I've not really subscribed to the idea the deal 'is in doubt' or Ashley is 'ready to walk away'. This week - and the face to face meeting - backed that up. Amanda Staveley's people were always confident a deal could be done and they're even more so now.

Few things:

- NO formal notification of the Premier League just yet of the need to go through fit & proper persons test (these can be done VERY quickly, whatever you've read)

- Spending in January could be on the basis that takeover is close. Either an informal or formal agreement to loan/advance cash or factor in price was mentioned to me back in November - could that have been on the menu over curry? Why not?

- Ashley works in unorthodox way. This week's 'curry summit' probably proves Staveley - who met Spirit of Shankly in a pub as she was in negotiations with Liverpool' - is cut from similar cloth. That's good for establishing trust that was damaged the other week. It also proves beyond all reasonable doubt - in my opinion - that she is interested and serious.

I think this deal will be done, I think they'll be a bit of money for Rafa in January (he needs it!) and I think this pretty wretched few months will give way to a period of possibility. BUT then a new phase starts: we know nothing of Staveley, her funding, intentions or the business plan. We need full disclosure if this happens, early engagement with supporters & proof of a new era. Is she really the much hailed heroine? I suspect it's good news but we just don't know at the moment. We just know she's not Ashley!

:thup: It's not not knowing that's the real pisser, and for some of us oldies (who tend to be very pesimistic when it comes to NUFC) you just prepare yourself for disappointment.

Few things:

:hmm: