Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rob Lee has and does work for Sky as a pundit? Criticise Ashley - no more working for them, IMO.

He's fed info direct from Big Al though

Three years ago today we lost 5-0 at Man City with John Carver in charge, conceding the first goal after giving away a penalty in the 27th second of the match.

From NUFC.com's match report:

Conceding three goals in the first quarter of a Premier League game may be painful to watch, but sadly not unknown for Newcastle, especially at this time of year:

Feb 1995 QPR (a) 4,7,18 (lost 0-3)

Nov 2007 Portsmouth (h) 8,9,11 (lost 1-4)

Feb 2011 Arsenal (h) 1,3,10 (drew 4-4)

Feb 2012 Spurs (a) 4,6,20 (lost 0-5)

Feb 2015 Manchester City (a) 2,12,21 (lost 0-5)

Newcastle suffered their biggest defeat of the season, conceding five goals for the first time since Liverpool knocked in six without reply at Gallowgate in April 2013. Away from home this was and our largest losing margin since a 0-5 reverse at Spurs in February 2011. 

United also conceded three goals in one half for the first time since Manchester United turned a 0-1 half time advantage into a 0-4 full time outcome at SJP in April 2014. They'd done exactly the same thing a week earlier in March 2014 at Southampton.

Heaviest NUFC PL defeats:

2007/08 0-6 Manchester United (a)

2012/13 0-6 Liverpool (h)

2000/01 0-5 Arsenal (a)

2003/04 0-5 Chelsea (a)

2011/12 0-5 Spurs (a)

2014/15 0-5 Manchester City (a)

It was easier to highlight the things that DIDN'T happen under Ashley's tenure. Since then we've added a 6-1 defeat to City and 5-1 defeats to both Chelsea and Crystal Palace.

Mildly related anecdote; I hadn't been to kip before the Portsmouth game from the previous nights shenanigans so wasn't actually too arsed we got merked as it meant I could just sit in solemn silence.

Mildly related anecdote; I hadn't been to kip before the Portsmouth game from the previous nights shenanigans so wasn't actually too arsed we got merked as it meant I could just sit in solemn silence.

How times have changed. I was in much the same condition for KK's first game as manager (1st time), having tried speed for the first time.

How times have changed. I was in much the same condition for KK's first game as manager (1st time), having tried speed for the first time.

Was the tracking out on your VCR? Not a bad backup activity tho.

Was the tracking out on your VCR? Not a bad backup activity tho.

No but my vertical hold was all over.

• 4 weeks later...