Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest chopey

So I take it now the dust has settled that anyone who wants to buy the club will always be £50 million to short. I hate that fucka

It was a small bit on chronicle website

A stand-off has developed between club and manager, with Newcastle seemingly asking Benitez to sign a long-term deal before committing funds in the transfer market – something the Magpies chief is reluctant to do before he sees evidence of their desire to address the footballing issues he has outlined to them.

It’s understood talks are “ongoing” between Benitez’s representatives and the club but with Lee Charnley due in North Yorkshire for the Premier League’s AGM it’s unlikely there will be any imminent breakthrough on that or further transfer business.

Unless the contract proposal includes a clearly outlined investment plan that Benitez is happy with and can point to as breach of contract if/when the promises aren't met, he shouldn't sign anything.

with Lee Charnley due in North Yorkshire for the Premier League’s AGM it’s unlikely there will be any imminent breakthrough on that or further transfer business.

If only someone could invent a device which allowed communictaion between people in different places.

with Lee Charnley due in North Yorkshire for the Premier League’s AGM it’s unlikely there will be any imminent breakthrough on that or further transfer business.

If only someone could invent a device which allowed communictaion between people in different places.

Its bollocks isn’t it, didn’t Charley meet with both our last two managers in North Yorkshire to agree their appointments.

It’s practically home for him.

It was a small bit on chronicle website

A stand-off has developed between club and manager, with Newcastle seemingly asking Benitez to sign a long-term deal before committing funds in the transfer market – something the Magpies chief is reluctant to do before he sees evidence of their desire to address the footballing issues he has outlined to them.

It’s understood talks are “ongoing” between Benitez’s representatives and the club but with Lee Charnley due in North Yorkshire for the Premier League’s AGM it’s unlikely there will be any imminent breakthrough on that or further transfer business.

I think that's pretty evident in our lack of movement in the transfer market, didn't really need a Chronicle article to spell it out. If we make signings they will be with a view to resale value rather than what Rafa wants.

I that's not a hard impasse to resolve surely? Yeah I'll sign a new 4 year contract with no resignation penalty clauses, I mean I won't need them anyway because you're going to back me in the transfer market right?

Thanks, see you in July when you've signed the players I want. Scribble.

Guest chopey

Looks like Britain's richest man Jim Ratcliffe is looking to buy a football club, probably still cant match Ashley's asking price though.

The 65-year-old is a Manchester United fan but watches football at Stamford Bridge because it is close to his Chelsea home.

:anguish:

An owner who supports a different club but will pay £2Bn for a rival club to watch games at as it's near his home. What a time to be alive.

Unless the contract proposal includes a clearly outlined investment plan that Benitez is happy with and can point to as breach of contract if/when the promises aren't met, he shouldn't sign anything.

And that’s why we have this impasse: Rafa won’t sign without action (not promises, because these have been broken), and Ashley won’t buy players first without Rafa tied to a contract.

Neither have any reason to back down, and both are pig-headed enough not to give ground. So no signings is a real possibility.

I’m convinced Rafa could make a silk purse from a sow’s ear again - but only with a #9 and a #11, because if Gayle and Atsu are starting in August, we’re screwed and Rafa might not even see his contract out...

The 65-year-old is a Manchester United fan but watches football at Stamford Bridge because it is close to his Chelsea home.

:anguish:

An owner who supports a different club but will pay £2Bn for a rival club to watch games at as it's near his home. What a time to be alive.

Surely a billionaire could have his own chopper to get to games, i mean our tightarse owner even has one.

Rafa is hardly being pig-headed like, he's only being sensible given the amount of times he's been fucked over.

No doubt, and he's saying exactly the right things and when it all goes to shit he can walk with his head held high. But there's no denying he's being stubborn and, yes, possibly even pig-headed. After all, he could sign a contract on trust, right?  :anguish: :icon_puke_r:

Rafa is hardly being pig-headed like, he's only being sensible given the amount of times he's been fucked over.

No doubt, and he's saying exactly the right things and when it all goes to shit he can walk with his head held high. But there's no denying he's being stubborn and, yes, possibly even pig-headed. After all, he could sign a contract on trust, right?  :anguish: :icon_puke_r:

Pig-headed, to me, usually implies an unreasonable level of stubbornness. Don't think Rafa's doing anything particularly unreasonable here.

And that’s why we have this impasse: Rafa won’t sign without action (not promises, because these have been broken), and Ashley won’t buy players first without Rafa tied to a contract.

Neither have any reason to back down, and both are pig-headed enough not to give ground. So no signings is a real possibility.

I’m convinced Rafa could make a silk purse from a sow’s ear again - but only with a #9 and a #11, because if Gayle and Atsu are starting in August, we’re screwed and Rafa might not even see his contract out...

I think its wrong of Rafa if he won't sign without action as I would assume that we will struggle to sign any decent player unless Rafa has confirmed that he will stay on.

The solution would be as I wrote that his contract has a clearly outlined investment plan so that Benitez can walk with compensation for breach of contract if Ashley has not fulfilled his end of the agreement. That should give Rafa the security he needs, while Ashley has his assurances and should be able to attract the players we need. If Ashley is not prepared to make those commitments contractually then that is just another indication for Rafa to gtfo while his stock is high as Ashley is clearly just fucking around with him.